We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
delhi
Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

hello !! thanks for such a website. This is for planning a trip for my parents (aged 60 and above) during 26th april to 3rd may. I have booked them train Dauladhar Express to pathankot on 26th april and returning from Simla to kalka via toy train. So their iternary would be tentatively:

27th - reach pathankot. take cab and take night halt at Palampur / Jogindernagar

Ques- which would be good for night halt. Any good budget hotel.

28th - reach Manali. Local sightseeing nearby distance.

Ques- please suggest best places to see so that they are not too exhausted

-any suggestion for good budget hotel

29th - See Rohtang Pass and Solang valley.

ques- what precautions to take seeing my mother is diabetic and both are senior citizen.

30th april- travel to simla, local sightseeing whch can be covered with less exhaustion.

ques- any suggestion for good budget hotel with good view where person can spend day by just having nice view

1st, 2nd may- simla spend leisure time at hotel

3rd may- return by toy train to kalka.

Please suggest any changes. My parents would prefer to have leisure and enjoy nice scenery, Cab from Pathankot to manali and drop to simla on Tues 30th april is asking Rs8200. Is it right price? Also any precautions since my mom is a diabetes patient and Dad is allergic to dust and extreme cold....... Thank you in advance for your vies and any experiences you share.

Kurukshetra, India
reviews: 133
1. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Hello

Ur itinery is 6N/7D

As senior citizens are travelling, my advise would be take a package of 6N/7D from reputed tour operator, so that they don't feel any trouble

or can take seperate package in Manali & Shimla

Edited: 1:08 pm, March 29, 2013
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 34
2. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

travel_birdtaani

It would be better if the route was Pathankot > Dhramsala 1N > Manali > Shimla > Delhi. Spending a night in Dharamsala is worthwhile than Jogindernagar.

Edited: 10:29 pm, March 29, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
reviews: 224
3. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Hi travel_birdtani

Yes your parents can take halt in dharamsala/mcleodganj..which is much better than palampur..

Hotel atithi is good in palampur..

Nishad resort is preferable in dharamsala and pink house in mcleodganj..

If your parents are allergic from extreme cold then can drop excursion to rohtang pass..for local sightseeing-hadimba devi temple, vashisth kund, clud house , mall road are there..if you drop rohtang then can go to solang / kullu valley..

Honeymoon inn/ holiday cottages manali/ shilmog garden/ broadway are good..

In shimla kapil/ white hotel/honeymoon inn are good..in shimla one day for local sightseeing and if they like pony ride then can go to kufri..

From pathankot - manali-shimla by cab will cost you that much..

Bengaluru...
Destination Expert
for Dharamsala
reviews: 27
4. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Hi, in case you want to focus on Manali & Shimla alone, i suggest instead of going to Pathankot, take a train till Chandigarh & taxi from there. You will save on the time. Else take a train till Kirarpur Sahib & taxi from there....

Only if you want to include Dharamsala/Palampur or Jogindernagar, you can plan via Pathankot...

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
reviews: 224
5. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

The plan suggested by ashish puriji is good..

Dubai, Dubai...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Just Came from 2 Weeks Himachal Tour.

There is nothing much to see in Shimla. you can add Dalhousi in your trip.

Kurukshetra, India
reviews: 133
7. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Hi

as senior citizens r travelling,ask them what is their choice,how long they want to travel or relax.

Than plan accordingly.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 34
8. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Bharat G

Hope your trip was fine.

Edited: 11:43 am, March 30, 2013
Pune, India
reviews: 8
9. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

Dear Friend

If your Parents are travelling alone then best way to Book a Cab from Chandigarh for entire tour.

3 Nights Manali,2 Nights in Shimla and 1 night in Chandigarh.

10. Re: Travel trip for my parents to Manali and Simla. Any thoughts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 01, 2014