We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shimla kulu manali

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
shimla kulu manali

I am planning visit shimla/kulu/manali . reaching shimla on 24th march pm my program is for 4 night and 5 days. Can some body give feedback on following:

1) weather - would heavy woollen be required or normal sweaters would do

2) understand Rohtang Pass will not be open in March. I was anxious to see snow . Is it still worth visiting above places minus Rohtang Pass

3) what are the places to visit

4) i have offers from tour operators in New Delhi all of them have included Rohtang Pass in their itenary (despite the place being closed during march 12) Is this a bluff

5) Has anybody used MAKE MY TOUR AND TRIP( not makemy trip) a tour operator at New Delhi , if yes , what is the rating - are they reliable

venkatesh

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 34
1. Re: shimla kulu manali

Medium woolens will be needed. A sweter and a jacket will suffice.

You'll get snow at Gulaba in March end, its on the Rohtang route.

See Solang, Naggar, Kullu in the s/s.

The travel agents will take upto Gulaba, as the rohtang is closed.

Never heard of the mentioned travel agent.

Edited: 3:20 am, February 06, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
2. Re: shimla kulu manali

Mr Roy

Many a thanks for your guidance. could u elaborate on places to see at shimla as well kulu,manali.

regards

venkatesh

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
3. Re: shimla kulu manali

Shimla : The Ridge, Prospect Hill, Glen, Elysium Hill, Chadwick Falls etc.

Manali : Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund, Rohtang Pass, Kothi, Rahala, Gulaba, Kullu, Manikaran, Solang Valley and Naggar.

Edited: 6:09 am, February 06, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
4. Re: shimla kulu manali

Mr Roy

tks again

venkatesh

Thrissur, India
5. Re: shimla kulu manali

which is the best season to visit kulu - manali

Thrissur, India
6. Re: shimla kulu manali

which is the best season to visit kulu - manali

India
Destination Expert
7. Re: shimla kulu manali

Best season to visit Kullu - Manali : April to June and September to November. For snow lovers December- February is the ideal time.

Edited: 3:13 am, May 02, 2013
Thrissur, India
8. Re: shimla kulu manali

thank you for your information.

Edited: 4:55 am, May 02, 2013
9. Re: shimla kulu manali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 04, 2014