We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manali Feb/March 2013

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
reviews: 33
Manali Feb/March 2013

Hi, Planning a trip to Shimla and Manali. What would the weather be like & do I require to book hotels in advance? I hate travelling with a set itinerary. I love nature and walks. Would angling be possible?

Regards

RoS

13 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Manali
reviews: 26
1. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

Feb would be cold, quiet likely chances of snow fall also in Manali. Its a off season but then again no harm in making bookings prior, you should be very open to the hotels and ask them for best rates........You will need heavy woolens.

Cheers

reviews: 2
2. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

Dear fren

Greetings from Manali

Yes as correctly told by my fren Rohita,it will be snow in manali n u need woolens.Yes can get one day licence for angling at very nominal price from fishery officer at Patlikuhlalmost 100/day.

Wish u happy stay.

ABC MANALI

Manali, India
3. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

Weather : Expect snow and chill weather - enjoyable

Angling:

You will get all the details and contact address here

http://hpfisheries.nic.in/license.htm

Stay :

Suggest you stay at Fagu instead of Shimla, visit Shimla as day trip from Fagu.

Manali : Stay at Upadhaya cottage near Manali or at Neeralaya

Newport Beach...
4. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

We stayed at the Upadhaya Cottages, was a wonderful experience. Surrounded by lush orchards, great nature walks. The views from the veranda were superb, the rooms very comfortable. Would want to spend longer time there next time.

Mumbai
5. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

Thanks for all your help Guys. The trip planning is on.

Manaliguru does the toy train stop at Fagu?

Regards

RoS

Mumbai
6. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

Hello Friends,

The dates are now fixed I will be travelling between the 16th & 24th of Feb to Shimla & Manali

Ahmedabad, Gujarat...
7. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

Hi,

we friends are planning to manali/shimla/delhousei for around 8 days in feb end feb 20-28. I want to know that would it be any hurdles in this trip due bad weather in feb end? Would there be any problems about road blocks due to bad weather? Would Rhotang be accessible?

please kindly let me know about this matter soon as we are planning in 1-3 days...

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Manali
reviews: 26
8. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

Manali has been experiencing bad weather with lot of snow fall happening, weather prediction says it would last two to three days. You may like to push your dates by a week. Leery me also clarify here that it's safe to travel, the only problem you can face is that, if it snows heavy the movement gets restricted

Rohtang pass will be closed till April or may, if it's snow that's yours interest, you will find enough and more in sollang valley which is approx 15 kms away from manali.

Best of luck

Noida, India
9. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

HI, I am planning to visit Manali with family from 10th March to 14th march. pl suggest scope of snow activities and snow fall. also please suggest suitable hotel to stay.

Regards

J S chandok

ranchi
10. Re: Manali Feb/March 2013

hiii...planning to visit manali between 29th march-3rd april..plz suggest about the weather

Reply to: Manali Feb/March 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted