We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kullu-manali

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru...
kullu-manali

We are looking for a Trip Delhi-Kullu-Manali-Delhi-Agra-Delhi

6th July 2012 to 12 th July

11 persons

Edited: 10:32 am, March 16, 2012
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 34
1. Re: kullu-manali

Either Agra to be excluded or plan to be extended. Otherwise, the itinerary will be too tight.

AshisRoy

Edited: 11:42 am, March 16, 2012
Bengaluru...
2. Re: kullu-manali

Option –I

We prefer a Tempo traveller from Delhi-Shimla-Manali-Kullu (If Shimla cannot be accommodated it can be removed)

In addition we are also looking for a 1 day trip to Delhi and 1 day trip to Agra on return after above trip

We plan to arrive from bangalore to Delhi on 5th July night and return from Delhi to Bangalore on 12th July evening

Note: Please confirm weather conditions is conducive to travel during this period

Option –II

We prefer a Tempo traveller from Delhi-Corbett-Massouri-Nainital (If Massouri cannot be accommodated it can be removed)

In addition we are also looking for a 1 day trip to Delhi and 1 day trip to Agra on return after above trip

We plan to arrive from Bangalore to Delhi on 5th July night and return from Delhi to Bangalore on 12th July evening

Note: Please confirm weather conditions is conducive to travel during this period and if the Corbett National Park is opened.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
3. Re: kullu-manali

Neither of the of the options are recommended in July. It would be monsoon in hills, chances of landslides are there. Corbett will be closed, Agra won't be affected by rain.

AshisRoy

Pune
4. Re: kullu-manali

Hello,

We are a family of 4, planning a trip to Delhi, Shimla , Kullu, Manali, Agra (if possible) from 16 May to 25 May. Is it possible to cover Delhi and Agra ? Any plan or suggestions and other tips will be helpful. Can you please give detailed itinerary if possible? Also, let us know, what are the things to look for in this season.

Thanks a lot,

MGH,

Pune

India
Destination Expert
5. Re: kullu-manali

MGH,

You may try the following itinerary :

16th : Arr Delhi, if you reach by 1 p.m. Do half day s/s to Red Fort, Akshardham, Parliament, Rashtrapati Bhawan & India Gate. Dep by Howrah-Kalka Mail to Kalka.

17th : Arr Kalka, get Shivalik Dlx Exp. Arr Shimla, check-in hotel. Local s/s.

18th : Shimla – day trip to Kufri, Fagu, Naldehra, Chini. Evening – Strolling around the Ridge.

18th : To Manali, check-in hotel, rest.

19th : Manali – Hadimba Temple, Manu Temple, Vasisth Kund etc. Afternoon – Shopping.

20th : Day trip to Rohtang Pass, Kothi, Rahala, Gulaba.

22nd : Day trip to Kullu and Manikaran

23rd : After breakfast – Solang Valley and Naggar. Afternoon proceed to Delhi by Volvo bus at 5.30 p.m.

24th : Arr. Delhi and transfer to Agra. S/S Taj, Fort etc. o/n stay.

25th : Back to Delhi

AshisRoy

Edited: 3:48 am, March 19, 2012
Pune
6. Re: kullu-manali

Thanks a lot Sir for your quick reply! :)

Our original plan(taken from one of the tours company) included Chandigarh as well. I forgot to mention that. Is there anything worth seeing at Chandigarh?

It was like Delhi -Chandigarh- Shimla-Kullu-Manali-Chandigarh-Delhi.

We want to see if Delhi and Agra can be covered easily.

Thanks!

India
Destination Expert
7. Re: kullu-manali

You can come to Kalka via Chandigarh, but it would not worth. There is nothing much to see in Chandigarh except the city itself and Pinjore garden etc. Rather, Agra is more wise inclusion.

AshisRoy

Edited: 6:18 am, March 19, 2012
Pune
8. Re: kullu-manali

Hello Sir,

I wanted to know if Train No. 52453 , Kalka Simla express starting from Kalka at 6 am is as good as train no 52451 , Shivalik Dlx exp.? I wanted to book shivalik dlx on 18th May 2012, but its not available. (WL52) :-( Is there any chance that it will get confirmed till 18th?

While 52453 i.e. Kalka Simla exp. maybe available. It is giving error for this date for availability of this train. Does it open just a month before, because I cud see status of 24 April only today? So, I am guessing.

Please suggest a good train as we are planning to reach kalka from dehli by 12311(HWH DLI KLK MAI) at 4.30 am on that day itself.

Thanks a lot,

MGH

India
Destination Expert
9. Re: kullu-manali

MGH

These are popular trains from Kalka – Simla :

52451 Shivalik Dlx Exp KLK 05.30 SML 10.15

52453 Kalka Simla Exp KLK 06.00 SML 11.05

52455 Himalayan Queen KLK 12.10 SML 17.20

72451 Rail Motor KLK 05.10 SML 09.50

There is no hope of confirmation of WL52 in Shivalik Dlx Exp.

AshisRoy

Edited: 12:22 pm, March 25, 2012
Pune
10. Re: kullu-manali

Oh ok. Shivalik dlx exp status is WL36 actually. Still no hope right?

And I confirmed with irctc customer care that booking for 52453 i.e. kalka simla at 6 am open only before 31 days. So, it is not showing status right now.

I have booked delhi- kalka (12311) ticket. Just hoping to get confirmed ticket for kalka simla exp. 52453 next month.

Thank you,

MGH