We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather of manali in august and places to visit

Which Manali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kerala
weather of manali in august and places to visit

i would like to know the climate in manali during august and september.please advise me also on the tourist spots in manali.

India
reviews: 3
1. Re: weather of manali in august and places to visit

Lo of placea around MANALI.

Solang Valley: You can start a trek from here for BEAS KUND. This is 18 kms from MANALI.

ROHTANG PASS: Fev. and popular who comes to MANALI.

CHANDERKHANI PASS and HAMTA PASS are also moderate level of treks.

You can cross ROHTANG PASS and travel a bit upto KEYLONG and DARCHA if you are not interested to go to LEH.

Do not forget PARVATI VALLEY-although it has got some bad reputation due to DRUG scene but it is worth a visit-famous places are KASOL,MANIKARAN

2. Re: weather of manali in august and places to visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:24 am, September 27, 2006
India
reviews: 3
3. Re: weather of manali in august and places to visit

There is lot to see and much to do in this region. Depends on what you are looking for. I personaly prefer to stay outside MANALI as i see hotels and hotels in town and they suffocate me. I always like staying at some peaceful place not a horn honking friendly place !

And that too when I pay huge money to them. You can go for short to long treks or camp at high slopes.

FAMOUS TREKKING ROUTES:

Beas Kund [ Real Good ]

Chandirkhani Pass

Hamta Pass [ Avoid if you do not want to get too tired ]

Full infrastructure is required for these treks.

You can also visit to CHANDERTAL which is also known as MOON LAKE. This is a scenic place and you will love this. Avoid going alone in remote areas.

August could be little rainy but managable-so do not worry much about weather. Bring both woolen and summer clothing with you + one water proof layer.

SHORT JEEP SAFARI: If you are interested to do some jeepsafari-go for at least BARALCHA LA. This is high pass which provides very scenic view of Zanskar and Ladakh Himalayas. Yuo have to hire full cab-it could be costly but check out with people you trust.

I will not post URLs here-you know how to find reliable people !!