We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help required to travel in Gujarat

New Delhi, India
reviews: 21
Help required to travel in Gujarat

I am from Delhi. Me and my wife are planning to travel Gujarat in the first week of November for 9-10 days. Would request you to help me in preparing an itenerary ASAP so that I can book my flights accordingly. Also advise the approx. cost expected in the trip. You can either message me back or send me an email at mohitshar@gmail.com

Places like to be covered:

Dwarka (dwarkadheesh temple, bet dwarka, nageshwar temple, gomti etc)

Porbandar

Somnath

Diu - Only if it not in opposite direction

Gir

Kutch (Bhuj, White Salt Desert, Hodka,Great Rann of Kutch, Kala Dungar,Dhordo,India Bridge, Little run of kutch)

Regards

Mohit Sharma

Devpur Kutch
Destination Expert
for Gujarat
1. Re: Help required to travel in Gujarat

Hi, Here is a suggestive itinerary for your study

Day 1: Fly into Ahmedabad and Ahmedabad

Day 2: Dwarka

Day 3: Dwarka

Day 4: Porbandar, Somnath Darshan and night at Gir

Day 5: Gir

Day 6: Little Rann of Kutch

Day 7: Bhuj

Day 8: North Kutch (Salt desert, Hodka, Kalo dungar)

Day 9: Mandvi

Day 10: I understand Indian Airlines will start Mumbai - Bhuj - Delhi with effect from 14 June 2013 and then that would be the best option.

Happy Planning!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
reviews: 193
2. Re: Help required to travel in Gujarat

Hi mohit sharma

Day1- arrive directly to jamnagar --there are many airlines operation flights for jamnagar from delhi via mumbai upto fare 7000 INR..

If you choose early flight then you will arrive at approx 12 noon at jamnagar--get transferred to dwarka which is almost 110 kms..you will reach drawka at 3pm..hotel check in--evening at dwakadheesh temple..

Day 2- book a taxi for to and fro travelling to bet dwarka, approx 1000INR..almost 25 kms from dwarka..visit bet dwarka, nageshwar,gomti etc..come back to dwarka-local sightseeing-night stay

Day 3- If you wish to visit places of porbandar then leave early for somnath..enroute visit porbandar which is approx 100 kms from dwarka..reach somnath after 120kms..night stay..

Day4- take darshan at somnath and leave for diu..approx 85 kms from somnath..hotel check in- evening at nagoa beach..diu fort is also a must visit..night stay..

Day 5- in afternoon leave for sasan gir forest sanctuary..almost 120kms..nights stay..

Day 6 - wildlife safari..night stay

Day 7- leave early for little rann of kutchh..night stay

Day 8- sightseeing

Day 9- leave..

Mundra Bandar...
3. Re: Help required to travel in Gujarat

you can arrive at bhuj by plane or at rajkot by plain ....then by car whole saurastra and kutch you can plan ....1500 to 1700 km drive approx..6 to .8 days..somnath,div,dwarika,jamnagar,junagadh,virpur,all kutch...

4. Re: Help required to travel in Gujarat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 03, 2014