We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gujrat Darshan

Gorakhpur, Uttar...
Gujrat Darshan

I want to visit somewhere in December/January Gujarat,damn & diu and interested to attend "RAN UTSAV" in full moon with my wife and we both are Senior citizen .I will feel oblige if you please manage to made a travel program for us.

I am from GORAKHPUR, U.P. belongs to Hindu (brahmin) family and likes natural sight seeing.As much as budget is concern my priority is homely atmosphere out of home with better arrangement for persons having age of 65+.

I will prefer to receive mail on - udai0901@yahoo.in

Mumbai (Bombay...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Gujrat Darshan

day 1 arrive in Ahmedabad by train/plane and relax for rest of the day.

day 2 hire a tourist car to cover Ahmedabad city and Gandhinagar (Swami Narayan Mandir). You get excellent vegetarian Gujarati thali everywhere in Gujarat. If you do not eat onion and garlick, ask for Jain thali, you will get that also everywhere.

Day 3 Hire a taxi and move to Somnath (7 hours driving time) enjoy evening aarti. (you can take train also. but since you are senior citizen, lifting luggage, climbing bridges etc. should be avoided)

Day 4 enjoy early morning aarati and darshan and move to Gir forest to visit Safari.

In the afternoon head towards Dwarka. (4 hours drive)

Day 5 spend the day in Dwarka

Day 6 head for Bhuj (400 kms. and about 7 to 8 hours depending upon traffic)

Day 7 Bhuj sight seeing and shopping

Day 8 White Raann, Dhordo village for Raan Utsav programmes

Day 9 Head for Mandvi port

Day 10 Narayan Sarovar, Koteshwar Mahadev, Mata nu Madh and Gurudwara return to Bhuj

Day 11 Back to Ahmedabad

You can also read my Kutch trip report and see photographs on the following links -

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Sanjiv

Gorakhpur, Uttar...
2. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Thanks . I want to visit Daman & Diu also ,please advise how i can add it with your program and will you recommend about any travel house who manage full tour package .

Mumbai (Bombay...
3. Re: Gujrat Darshan

On day 2 instead of going directly to Somnath take the trip to south to Daman.

From Ahmedabad, you can visit Ranchhodrai temple (Lord Krishna temple) of Dakor which is very famous.

on the way to Daman, can also visit Baroda city where you can visit Museum and Baroda Palace.

Overnight stay at Daman.

Day 3 enjoy Daman

Day 4 move towards Diu (distance is about 700 kms. may take 12 hours times. Roads are excellent)

Day 5 relax and enjoy Diu (Diu and Daman are the oasis of Gujarat as there is no prohibition)

Diu to Somnath is just 80 kms.

Gorakhpur, Uttar...
4. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Thanks again with a request that please recommend name of travel agent so that i may able to book my full tour package .

Sir, i heard that RAN UTSAV is very famous and last year i saw advertisement in papers also so can i add ran utsav in my program.

Mumbai (Bombay...
5. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Sorry Sir, I have no idea about good travel agent in Ahmedabad. Please google it and find few names and tel numbers. You may to reach Ahmedabad and meet few agents, see the vehicle and driver yourself.

In Gujarat, the practice is to charge for minimum of 300 kms. per day basis. plus they charge you 200/300 rupees for driver allowance. If you tell them that you are going to take care of his food and accommodation, then they may drop it, if you negotiate hard. Most of the hoteliers in Gujarat do not charge extra for providing a bed to the driver. For food consumed by the driver they may charge you (that is fair).

When I visited Kutch, it was just last 2 days left for the utsav to conclude. So everybody was in leaving mood. There were good many stalls but I found that the prices were quite inflated. So I did not do shopping there. In the beginning, they arrange some events, and you will get that info from tourism office. There were good tents but I could not see as I had no booking there and their security arrangements were strict. I preferred to stay at Shaam e sarhad and it turned out to be a great experience. In my opinion, you may not get that unique experience among the crowd of few hundred tents.

You may stay somewhere else and attend the general and/or cultural programmes of Raan Utsav

Sanjiv

Rajkot, India
reviews: 26
6. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Dear Mr. Uday,

You two being senior citizens, I suggest you to take a train directly from Gorakhpur to take a relaxed itinerary with less travel time by road. Tentative Itinerary can be as under with Car Hire from Dwarka:

Day 01 - Depart Gorakhpur by Train No. 1045 GKP-Okha Express arriving Dwarka at about 3:30 am. Meet local Representative and transfer to your Hotel. As per your convince at leisure in the morning or attend early morning Aarti at Dwarkadheesh Temple.. Afternoon, proceed for Dwarka sight seeing visiting Nageshwar Temple, Rukshmani Temple, Sun Set point and then proceed for attending evening Aarti. Overnight at Dwarka Hotel

Day 02 - After Breakfast, proceed towards Okha Port Jetty for Bet Dwarka to visit ancient Temples on the Island by Ferry Boat attend Afternoon Aarti and then return back to Jetty for ferry boat back to Okha port. Proceed back to your hotel in Dwarka and attend evening Aarti at the Temple. Overnight at Dwarka Hotel.

Day 03 - After Breakfast, proceed for Somnath ( 250 kms- 4 hrs aprox)

Enroute, visit Porbandar, birth place of Mahatma Gandhiji and then proceed along the beautiful coastal highway for Somnath. Arrive in time for afternoon Aarti. Latter visit Balkha Teerth. Rest of the day at leisure enjoying the grandeur of Lord Shiva's Somnath Temple which is one of the 13 Joytilinga in India. Overnight at Somnath Temple.

Day 04 and Day 05 - After Breakfast, proceed for Union Territory of Diu (90 kms / 2 hrs) - a beautiful sea side town to unwind your self at a Sea Side hotel

Day 06 - After Breakfast, to-day proceed for Sasan Gir ( 70 kms / 2 hrs aprox) which is the only abode of Asiatic Lions in the world. Reach in time so that you can under take a bus safari at about 02:00 pm to view Lions and other Wildlife at the Devaliya Lion Interpretation zone. Overnight at Sasan Gir.

Day 07 - To-day, after Breakfast, proceed for Rajkot.- journey of about 3 hours / 170 kms. Enroute, visit Saint Jalaram Mandir at Virpur and then proceed for Gondal visitng Vintage Car Museum and Railway Saloon at Gondal Orchard Palace. Then visit famous Darbar Garh Museum and Swaminarayan Temple. Arrive late afternoon in Rajkot. After freshen up visit Alfred High School, where Gandhiji did his schooling, Kaba Gandhi no Delo where he resided and Rashtriya Shala where he started the independence struggle. Please be guided that Rajkot is also famous for well crafted silver and gold ornaments along with traditional ladies clothing of Chania-Cholis etc. Overnight at Rajkot Hotel

Day 08 - 09 - After breakfast, proceed for Bhuj, Kutch a journey of about 300 kms / 04 hrs - to participate at Kutch Raan Festival for a two nights events. Please note that as suggested by Mr. Sanjiv, stay at Sham-E-Sharhad, Hodka is recommended and quite early booking is requested for this. Alternatively, one can also stay at teh Camp Site run by Gujarat Tourism during the Raan Festival. Here also early booking is recommended as this event is very popular and tends to get filled up during the prime dates. Package offered by Gujarat Tourism is a full board package with excursions and cultural programs in the evenings.

Day 10 - Today, proceed for Ahmedabad a journey of 400 kms/ 7 hrs. . Check into your Hotel. Evening Ahmedabad sight seeing. Next day, catch your return train to Gorakhpur or you can continue your stay for one more day in Ahmedabad and then visit other places in north Gujarat for 3-4 days to places like, Modhera Sun Temple, Champaner near Baroda etc.

Hope the above details are up to your requirement. Do revert for any further clarification.

Regards

Mumbai (Bombay...
7. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Hi Adler,

That is a good info for me too. I have been to Rajkot for some office work. Nobody told me about Gondal vintage car museum. I have been to Virpur and Satadhar (the pada (bull) is no more there now. I saw it living and it was very huge. )

The OP wants to cover Daman also.

Sanjiv

Gorakhpur, Uttar...
8. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Thanks for in formations provided by you.

Please arrange to provide me email id and contact no. of "SHAAM-E-SARHAD" and inform about "GATEWAY TO RANN RESORT" with your comment that which one is better.

Further i will come to Ahmedabad/or Okha by train but there after i am willing to take a taxi for my full tour of aprox 11-12 days.

I will feel pleasure to receive information about hotels also .

With regards.

Gorakhpur, Uttar...
9. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Thanks and still eager to know more from you .

Please inform me about "GATEWAY TO RANN RESORT" with comment that whether "shaam-e-sarhad" is better?

I want to share about hotels also ,so please share.

with regards.

Gorakhpur, Uttar...
10. Re: Gujrat Darshan

Thank you Mr. Devang, I just want to know a rough estimate for INDIGO A/C CAR for my total tour of Gujarat and Diu which will take approx. 12 days .Tour will start from Okha railway station and end at Ahmedabad rly station after covering DWAARKA,BHET DWARKA, SOMNAATH, JUNAGARH, GONDAL, DIU, JAMNAGAR, GIR, KUCK KA RANN +.

With regards.