We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary: Feedback

Which Gujarat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
reviews: 10
Itinerary: Feedback

Hello,

I'm planning the following itinerary for a trip to Gujarat (esp Kutch) in early Dec. Appreciate any thoughts and suggestions:

Day 00: Reach Ahmedabad late in the night

Day 01: Drive to Little Rann of Kutch, go on a Wild A$$ Safari, and stay overnight

Day 02: Visit Patan, Mothera and drive on to Dholavira

Day 03: Explore Dholavira, drive on to Bhuj

Day 04: Go around Bhuj and visit Mandvi. OR if possible, drive to the Narayan Sarovar Wildlife Sanctuary. Overnight in Bhuj

Day 05: Drive to Kala Dongar, Hodko, Dordo to see the Great Rann of Kutch. Overnight at Dhordo, to see the Great Rann at dawn/dusk/dark

Day 06: Drive to Ahd

Day 07: In & around Ahmedabad

Day 08: Fly back

Questions:

1. I'm traveling with a 1yr old. Is the agenda for any day going to be too strenuous for her?

2. Suggestions on any other places I can include in the itinerary - particularly, something on the way/close to places I am already going to, that I can see with a small detour. OR should I drop anything and do something else instead?

3. Is staying in Dhordo a good idea? Will it be too cold to manage in a Bhunga

4. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Little Rann? I see options in Zainabad, Bajana, Dasada and Dhrangadhra. Am considering Devjibhai Dhamecha's Koobas (http://www.littlerann.com/kooba-huts.html) Any feedback on this?

5. Any feedback on Hotel Kamran Palace in Ahd? Reviews and photos look too good for the price. Is it really that good?

Thanks for the help in planning this!

Regards,

JK

New Delhi
reviews: 5
1. Re: Itinerary: Feedback

You can check-out the options at admin@universalvoyage.com

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
2. Re: Itinerary: Feedback

Not sure I understand...you mean I should send a mail to this email id?

New Delhi
reviews: 5
3. Re: Itinerary: Feedback

Yes. They are a tour operator based in Gujarat. They can give you a better idea.

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
4. Re: Itinerary: Feedback

Thanks Swetha, will reach out to them.

Meanwhile, if there's any feedback from fellow travellers here, I'll really appreciate that too, since a traveler can often provide a different perspective from a tour operator!

Regards,

- JK

New Delhi, India
reviews: 3
5. Re: Itinerary: Feedback

http://www.rannriders.com/ is a good option for Little Rann. Have read good reviews about it, and plan to go there myself.

6. Re: Itinerary: Feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:55 am, December 15, 2012
7. Re: Itinerary: Feedback

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 16, 2013