I'm planning the following itinerary for a trip to Gujarat (esp Kutch) in early Dec. Appreciate any thoughts and suggestions:
Day 00: Reach Ahmedabad late in the night
Day 01: Drive to Little Rann of Kutch, go on a Wild A$$ Safari, and stay overnight
Day 02: Visit Patan, Mothera and drive on to Dholavira
Day 03: Explore Dholavira, drive on to Bhuj
Day 04: Go around Bhuj and visit Mandvi. OR if possible, drive to the Narayan Sarovar Wildlife Sanctuary. Overnight in Bhuj
Day 05: Drive to Kala Dongar, Hodko, Dordo to see the Great Rann of Kutch. Overnight at Dhordo, to see the Great Rann at dawn/dusk/dark
Day 06: Drive to Ahd
Day 07: In & around Ahmedabad
Day 08: Fly back
1. I'm traveling with a 1yr old. Is the agenda for any day going to be too strenuous for her?
2. Suggestions on any other places I can include in the itinerary - particularly, something on the way/close to places I am already going to, that I can see with a small detour. OR should I drop anything and do something else instead?
3. Is staying in Dhordo a good idea? Will it be too cold to manage in a Bhunga
4. Any suggestions on where to stay in the Little Rann? I see options in Zainabad, Bajana, Dasada and Dhrangadhra. Am considering Devjibhai Dhamecha's Koobas (http://www.littlerann.com/kooba-huts.html) Any feedback on this?
5. Any feedback on Hotel Kamran Palace in Ahd? Reviews and photos look too good for the price. Is it really that good?
Thanks for the help in planning this!