We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Village Resort

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
Sun Village Resort

Any body been to Sun Village Resort. I believe its between Baga and Calangute beach.

Also i have been hearing that Candolim Beach is starting to erode away because of the tanker thats stuck there?

Sorry if i forgot anything as this is my first post.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 45
1. Re: Sun Village Resort

I've bumped up an earlier thread for you though I thought it was Apora which is slighlty inland from Baga.

Yorkshire. UK
reviews: 5
2. Re: Sun Village Resort

Stayed at the Sun Village last April, nice enough hotel although I didn't think the food was anything special. I know they offer an AI package and would strongly suggest that you don't go for it, you can eat a lot better in many of the restaurants in the area.

The hotel is actually set back from Baga beach in apora, as stated by Gemma above and is a 20ish minute stroll to the beach.

The compex is built on the side of a hill and there are a lot of steps to get to the top secluded pool,spa and the gala dinner area. I notice you're American and I heard a couple of complaints from your compatriots while we were there that the actual hotel had no lifts to get to the rooms. Whilst the whole site is only 3 stories high it is not conducive to people with disabilities.

The more commonly used pool area is in the middle of the complex, but for some strange reason the Brits feel a deep seated need to go out at 7 in the morning to claim all the sunloungers. We only spent a couple of days around the pool as we found it far better to get a taxi and go to one of the secluded beaches further North.

Goa's brilliant and we would have gone back this year except we're looking to visit my Aunt in Florida.

Enjoy it and make sure you get out and about more than just Baga/Calangute.

Scott

Ipswich, United...
reviews: 1
3. Re: Sun Village Resort

hi

not been to this hotel,but i think the brits'

"deep seated need" to claim the loungers

must be a german complex????????????

ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tom

Yorkshire. UK
reviews: 5
4. Re: Sun Village Resort

Yeah I know. Go on holiday in europe and you expect the German's to have claimed all the sunbeds, but never seen so many Brits copying the habit in one place. The most annoying part is those who claim a sunbed at 7 in the morning and eventually decide to use it at about 3 in the afternoon.

The pool attendant will remove offending unused towels if asked though. To be honest, as I said above, much more fun to get out and about rather than sit around the pool all day anyway.

Scott

5. Re: Sun Village Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Candolim