We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing in candolin

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
preston lancs
reviews: 17
fishing in candolin

im there for 8 weeks and thought i would have a try at fishing does anyone catch any fish of the beach in candollin and what bait do you use

Heckmondwike, West...
1. Re: fishing in candolin

I've seen lots of people fishing off Candolim beach, but not being into fishing I have no idea about bait but I'm sure the lads in the shacks will know.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you better advice.

DebyC

UK
2. Re: fishing in candolin

I fish every year of the beach in Calangute,

watch for the boats coming in,and buy fresh herrring or mackreal,fromthem,

or go to the fish market ,squid,prawn.Mick.

Calangute, India
reviews: 1
3. Re: fishing in candolin

You can do fishing all along the coast (Sinquerim To Baga) no restrictions but no idea about the bait.

Lowestoft
reviews: 14
4. Re: fishing in candolin

Hi, I fish off the beach & like everywhere not as good as it use to be, catch mainly catfish, you might be lucky & get a kite/ guitar fish ( Stingray ) careful all their fish seem to have nasty spikes on them. I use mackerel, a small fillet or if you scoop up some wet sand from from beach you get these tiny crab type things, very good, Good Luck, Will be in Patricks Pub Nov - March. JOE

Lowestoft
reviews: 14
5. Re: fishing in candolin

Hi. I've fish of the beach for many years & as always not as good as it was, use mackerel strips, or if you get a handful of wet sand when wave retreats you might get small crab type things ,very good, mainly catfish might be lucky & get a Ray but careful all their fish seem to have sharp bits on them somewhere. Will be in Patrikks Pub Nov - March.

6. Re: fishing in candolin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Candolim
Recent Conversations