We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
reviews: 17
Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Husband and I are going to book a hut for a couple of days at white sands Agonda beach on our 2 weeks holiday early next year and was just wondering the best way to travel to here from our hotel( Santana Beach resort Candolim). We would love to get other TA experience on journey's they have done and recommend to and from this area. We love the idea of jumping on a local train but not sure if this is possible. This will be our first time in Goa and want to make the most of our time exploring different experience's.

Goa
1. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Don't think the train to Agonda is really practical, the nearest station to Candolim is Thivim (just the other side of Mapusa), You might as well get the bus to Panjim and then a seated bus to Margao. You could get the train from Margao, although it would just be a short journey and I think you'd have to get there at the right time (although one might leave around 2pm - but haven't done that for ages, so could be wrong). A better idea would be to take a trip into Karnataka on the train, perhaps Gokarna, which would enable you to see a bit more of India but it's still not too far away, perhaps stay in Gokarna for two night and then return by train... Just a thought... Gokarna Om Beach is really nice, and the town itself is interesting and very different to Goa, although the beach at the town is far from nice, Om beach is perhaps 10km from the town.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
reviews: 10
2. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Personally, I'd get a taxi unless you want to spend a whole day there and back on a series of buses or a combination of bus, train and taxi/autorickshaw. A taxi will take about 2 hours - be sure to get one who knows the road as it gets very steep with hairpin bends in the final 20 minutes on the main road (your accommodation in Agonda may be able to send a local driver to pick you up and that way you really do get someone who knows that bit of road well - the locals drive that bit very carefully as they are aware of all the accidents and the road loonies who think they are immortal.

Chesterfield...
reviews: 74
3. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Take a taxi. We have done it the last couple of years (if you want the number of our very reliable taxi driver message me) You will get there without getting too hot and your taxi will collect you and drop you off door to door. What is more when he drops you off he will dicuss what time you want collecting the next day and so you can relax in the sure knowledge that you will arrive back at your hotel as quickly and easily as possible.

LIVERPOOL
reviews: 36
4. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Taxi is 1800 rupees from the Hotel Santana and takes just under 2 hours. White Sands and Agonda itself are absolutely superb.

Scotland
reviews: 41
5. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

I would agree a taxi is the easiest way, you will arrive relatively relaxed and ready for some serious chilling out. Enjoy White Sands it is great :o)

Goa
6. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Taxi shouldn't be more than 1600 I would have thought... And yes, Taxi is the easiest solution...

LIVERPOOL
7. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Thats exactly what the tariff sheet said at the hotel Santana.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 17
8. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

Thank you to all TA members for all you helpful information on our up coming holiday, with all the advice and information we have received we have just booked a 2 night stay at Agonda White sands cottage with the sea view. Both my husband and I are looking forward on our first holiday to Goa and all it has to offer.

LIVERPOOL
9. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

The sea view hut is the stuff of dreams, enjoy!

Scotland
reviews: 41
10. Re: Best way to travel from Candolim to Agonda

You will probably wish you had booked the hut for longer than 2 days it's so relaxing I didn't want to leave :( Enjoy your trip to Goa :0)

Get answers to your questions about Candolim