We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WALES,UK
reviews: 12
Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

After lots of discussion we decided that our last nights meal in Goa should be an authentic Indian and after all the good reviews we decided on the Curry House.

As we had left it late we decided against making the hike to beach road as we thought it would probably be busy so went to the one close to us down the side of the Mermaid Restaurant, what a mistake this was.

To save me writing it all again here's a copy of my review.......

Last meal of our holiday, what a way to spoil a special two weeks.

Starters ok but not great, then a tandoori chicken that tasted of raw marinade, I tasted a bit of every portion and all tasted the same so I left the lot.

A cheese and garlic nan that was full of raw garlic and inedible

& 2 garlic chapatti's that were also full of raw garlic, imagine chopping up a few raw cloves of garlic and putting it straight in your mouth and that's exactly what they all tasted like.

My daughter's Korma had what looked and tasted like tinned fruit salad over the top,wot the ????

Waiter asked if there was a problem as he could see I had hardly touched the chicken I explained what it tasted like and off he went to the kitchen never to return, his butty was then called into kitchen and returned to present us with the full bill, I paid and left never to return".

We left Goa 2hrs after walking out of this hole feeling what a disappointing way to end of Goa dream.

Maybe they should have stuck to the 1 restaurant?????

Edited: 3:25 pm, February 17, 2013
Stockport, United...
reviews: 60
1. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

How disappointing for you I tried both on beach road and they where great.when you have many outlets it can be difficult to monitor standards but that's no escuse for what sounds like shocking meal.

Sunderland, United...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

Is that the old Mai Thai place MEINT ? Not heard of a curry house down there...

Windlesham, Surrey...
3. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

Yes it is Sleeps

WALES,UK
reviews: 12
4. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

Shocking is a nice word for it, i can think of better but it would get deleted.

If i was home and had to pay top money i would have refused to pay for most of the meal and to be honest I should have done there too.

Anybody had fruit salad on a curry before????

Edited: 11:42 am, February 18, 2013
Vantaa, Finland
reviews: 21
5. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

yes a vegetable jalfreizi at some restaurant, was fruit salad in a curry sauce

Fallen on Hard Times
reviews: 2
6. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

>>so went to the one close to us down the side of the Mermaid Restaurant, what a mistake this was.<<

As was mentioned on other posts there appears to be more than one Curry House; the one close to Kingfisher Villa, the one on Beach Road, and the one you mention above. I commentated that when we'd gone to the Mermaid we'd seen the sign for the place you frequented; had a quick look from outside and noticed it was empty. We went to the Mermaid and on the way out had another look at the Curry House - It was still empty.

I wonder if they are all part of the same organisation? If NOT I expect the other two restaurants which seem to get good reviews are NOT happy that another restaurant is operating under the same name as themselves.

I don't think we shall be eating there in March, even if the place is full.

Edited: 7:34 am, February 20, 2013
Stockport, United...
reviews: 60
7. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

I believe there are 6 curry houses all owned by the same person.

Bridlington
8. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

We ate at the Curry House by the Mermaid last year and it was very nice

9. Re: Is the Curry House getting too greedy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Candolim