We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Curry house ??

Which Candolim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool England
reviews: 16
Best Curry house ??

Can anyone please advise as to the Best Curry House in Candolim ??

Kind Regards

Coventry, UK
reviews: 40
1. Re: Best Curry house ??

Goiod question ,stepucell, and much more interesting than best steak. I'll start with Kalinga and Coyote.

Sheffield, United...
2. Re: Best Curry house ??

Mine is Kalinga........on Candolim main rd.

Liverpool England
3. Re: Best Curry house ??

Cheers Guys Thanks for your replies

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
reviews: 24
4. Re: Best Curry house ??

Hi ned is kalinga no far from stonehouse other side of road

Fallen on Hard Times
reviews: 2
5. Re: Best Curry house ??

We like Kalinga too and you can order a mismatch from the menu too. Nothing is too much trouble for them. If I remember correctly NOT all types of curries were shown against each type of main ingredient (chicken, prawn etc) and we could just order what we liked. The only thing I didn't like at Kalinga was the extra loud music from a nearby restaurant. Nothing Kalinga could do about it of course.

I ordered a mismatch at The Inferno Restaurant too, Prawn Kolapuri (Kolapuri was shown against Chicken) and I asked for it to be extra spicy, the waiter asked if I'd like it more spicy than the menu, which was showing red chillies against the Kolapuri. I confirmed. Half way though the meal I asked one of the waiters if he had some Vodka in the freezer and he said "No, but we have ice", so I ordered a double Vodka on ice gulped half of it down, swished it around my mouth, waited a few seconds and did the same with the other half. I finished the curry and ordered another double Vodka and carried out the same procedure. Really delicious curry but I should have stuck to the waiters advise and took it as it was from the menu, I can't wait for the next one in March.

Floyd's Hut does good Kolapuri (and others) and when ordering the waiter will ask if you want it medium, spicy, extra spicy etc.

In order I would choose Kalinga and Inferno joint first and Floyd's in third place.

Liverpool England
6. Re: Best Curry house ??

Thank you for your informed replies Guys Kalinga seems to be very popular, although I did read a post stating all their curries are out of a jar?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 2
7. Re: Best Curry house ??

Kalinga has been there for years and is one of our favourite semi tourist places but there are hundreds of places on the CCB strip that do very good curries, Chinese, Goan and continental all on the same menu but it depends on what type of curry you are looking for as to where you go

Just because a place does a good butter chicken it doesn't mean the kadai, handi or cafreal are as good

Edited: 9:40 am, January 20, 2013
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 15
8. Re: Best Curry house ??

You wont go far wrong at the Curry House, but we have not been that way for 12 months, things can change! We are in the South this year.......2013

Rotherham, United...
reviews: 58
9. Re: Best Curry house ??

You'd be unluky to get a bad curry any where in Goa. Just some are really good. Restaurants do change though from year to year , one year had a good Indian meal at Spice Garden in Candolim , the following year it was garbage but the Steaks were good.

Stockport, United...
reviews: 54
10. Re: Best Curry house ??

We had a reall good dupiaza at the curry house the one at the top of beach road . But saying that I can't remember the last time I had a bad meal in goa.

Get answers to your questions about Candolim