We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

medication for 4 year olds

Which Goa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BonnieBonnie
reviews: 5
medication for 4 year olds

we are looking at traveling to Goa in India for the first time. We have a 4 year old little girl and would be grateful of any advice on food and medication for her.

Hope someone can help!!

Angie in Lancashire. x

leeds uk
reviews: 8
1. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Hi Angie,

Best advise is just ask the GP what's best, we have been there when little people are on hols and i think they have a liquid malaria medicine but they or the pharmacy will advise .

Enjoy Goa you'll love it

ian........

BonnieBonnie
2. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Thanks ian,

I have called my GPand all i got was fill in a holiday form! He is a waste of space and NHS money but what can you do! apart from look for a new one, but there are none in my area.

So you see i have to get all info on-line.

Thanks for quick response.

Angie.x

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Goa, Scottish Highlands
reviews: 141
3. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Food wise there is huge variety of food available so that won't be a problem just take usual precautions and remember plenty of fluids. On medication check with your doctor for latest info but our daughter has had no problems with either injections (Polio Typhoid Dyptheria and Hep B (I think)) or paediatric malaria tablets (Malarone).

On medication whilst in Goa (which I am sure you wouldn't need) Chemists are very well stocked.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
4. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Make that Hep A.........I am sure there is good advice on the BMA website I will see what I can find

UK
reviews: 11
5. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Angie,

It is a big step to take a 4 year old to India, I do not think you should be asking for advice on this site on the subject of medication for her. If you are not happy with your doctor then seek advice from someone else who is medically qualified to give it.

Sorry to sound negative but it's not a matter to be taken lightly.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
6. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Which is why Karen, Ian and myself both said check with your Doctor for up to date information and I am sure Angie doesn't take the health of her 4 year old daughter lightly.

BonnieBonnie
7. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Just wanted to say i am going to go to my local Boots chemist for some advise. I dont know anyone who has been to Goa other than a few asians i work with but sometimes i think they are less likely to fall ill because they will have some immunity that the English may not have. I hope that sounds ok! I have not booked and never would without thinking hard about it. I think its good to always listen to what other people say or if they have had a bad experience they can share so i know what not to do.

Thanks to all who take the time to respond.

Angie.x

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
8. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Our daugher whilst slightly older first went to Goa when she was 6 and loved every single minute of the 4 weeks holiday and Goa is now the favourite place she has travelled to and that includes Euro Disney. Welcome to the forum and any questions please ask and I am sure you will get replies. :-)

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 51
9. Re: medication for 4 year olds

Angie, I've always had excellent advice from my local pharmacist so after asking your GP (who doesn't sound very helpful!) I'd say Boots is a good bet.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
10. Re: medication for 4 year olds

p.s. And to have a look at Jnr Jock having fun in Goa have a look at a couple of albums I have posted on uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/goanjock/my_photos

Get answers to your questions about Goa
Recent Conversations