We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

Rotherham, United...
reviews: 58
Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

The revised time for the Goa to Doha flight of 06.00am lands in Doha 07.35am Just as the Manchester flight leaves. Also may be too tight for the 08.00 Edinburgh flight too( no Edinburgh Tues or Thurs) . On Mon., Tues, Thurs, and Sat this is the only Manchester flight so it would mean a 24hour lay over. On the other days there's also a 01.35am but that's still an 18 hour lay over. Options are transfer to Heathrow 12.45 (I think ) and hope they will pay for shuttle to Manchester / Edinburgh or fly to Mumbai and get the 04.00am lands Doha 05.15 ( May be they'll pay for the internal flight?).

This effects our return flights in February .

Edited: 2:32 pm, August 12, 2014
22 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
reviews: 14
1. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

Think you need to look at T&Cs. 24 hour layover will entitle you to a refund. Would be surprised if they pay for alternative routing with other carriers. It is not their fault that an airport runway is undergoing work and their liability will be limited to a refund. Personally, I'd ask to come back 24 hours early and book an overnighter in Doha. Unlike Dubai, it is not a cultural wasteland and you will be getting a great opportunity to see the city for no more than the cost of a hotel, entry visa and general subsistence. What an adventure!

Rotherham, United...
2. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

Hi Londonrafles , that's one of the options I've put to them but with them paying for the hotel. I have booked through an agent so have sent them alternatives to put to Qatar. Who knows if there are enough people for Manchester on the incoming Goa flight they may even hold it for us. Will have to await the outcome.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
reviews: 14
3. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

I shall go out and buy a hat and eat it if they pay for your hotel! Manchester is a busy airport and they cannot put back flights for the convenience of one connecting flight as thy may not be able to get a later landing slot and it would make the return flight correspondingly late. As Doha is a hub airport, people connect from lots of other flights and where any flight times change they just need to make the best of a bad job and will expect to have to do refunds and probably not get so many bookings for that route until the temporary problem is open. I don't think the airline will suffer as the Doha-Goa route is primarily to serve people who work in the Gulf states and they do fly from destinations all over Europe for people wanting to escape the winter and they never seem to have a problem filling that sector any time of the year. Anyway, there is still plenty of time for everything to change yet again, perhaps to your better convenience!

I got an email this evening that one of my domestic flights is being changed yet again - I just flag the emails and I will double check the latest timings about a week before I leave here. Just as long as the airline stays in business, I can cope with flight time changes.....

england
reviews: 29
4. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

if thay all got the flight as cheap as you yorki,,it will be full,//,,full power yorki,,lol,

manchester uk
reviews: 45
5. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

Go and buy your new hat Londonraffles and can we have some pics of you eating it please...because they said that they would put us up in a hotel with all food drinks and transfers.

Rotherham, United...
6. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

Hope we get the same offer Tony. I've got travel agent on with it but no news yet.

Manchester-Where...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

Free hotel offered for us too but the issue is that we HAVE to back on the Tuesday - we cant afford the extra day wait in Doha to catch the 01.35 or 07.35 on the on Weds morning.

An option would be leave Goa a day early and arrive on Monday at 07.35 ready for the 07.35 on Tuesday as originally planned meaning a 24 hr stop in Doha

As WE are changing the orignal flight (Goa to Doha) by a day, do you think the offer of a free hotel would still be available? Would welcome the opinions of others on here before I call back . I feel that they wont provide the hotel in this instance and only offer a refund

england
reviews: 39
8. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

In jan this year, we had a delay due to man ill on plane, as a result we was stuck on the run way in goa for 2 hrs, resulting in missing the Manchester flight from doha. We was given two options either the Manchester flight following day, free hotel at doha for the night, or the second option was to fly to London five hours later, which we opted for. They then provided a ba flight from London to Manchester. A couple of years ago, was also delayed but on this occasion the flight was held, and even got a free upgrade. Think that was due to a lot of people due to catch flight. However this jan, was only around 10 of us for the Manchester connection.

Rotherham, United...
9. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

Hi Kippaxian, If you don't ask you don't get . Ring your travel agent or Qatar Airways if you booked direct. I think they will agree to it.

Edited: 11:50 am, August 13, 2014
england
reviews: 29
10. Re: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!

who you with yorki,,travel trolly,

Reply to: Qatar airways Goa to Manchester, Edinburgh 24hour layover !!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted