We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Query

Which Goa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Derby
reviews: 9
Query

Booked Jewel in the Crown flights with Travel Republic a couple of days ago.Booking confirmation letter indicates we have Dormitory accommodation tagged on to this although we only wanted a flight and will be staying elsewhere.Seem to remember someone on here saying its a travel company regulation that this is tagged on.Where do we say we are staying on the visa,at the dormmhouse or the real address

Derby, United...
reviews: 23
1. Re: Query

I would put the real address. Think that's right about it being a travel company regulation.

Bridlington, United...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Query

We flew wih Jewel in the Crown the other year and I rang them to ask about this. They said it was something to do with the fact that they could not book flight only and it was a way of getting round it. I think we just left it as it was.

Derbyshire
reviews: 83
3. Re: Query

I agree with OV11.

I remember once (quite a few years ago) a Monarch representative walking up and down the check-in queue at Manchester saying that if you didn't have confirmation of accommodation you could not travel.

Quite a few people were turned away in tears, luckily we had booked a package.

Speaking to people in Goa, it seemed that it had only been Monarch at Manchester, Thomas Cook & Thomson at MAN were not asking for this proof and neither was Monarch at Gatwick.

Another example of companies mis-interpreting rules.

So I think if you book flight only, they give you a 'pretend' night's accommodation.

When you apply for your visa, put where you are actually staying.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 51
4. Re: Query

When we booked flights through J in C a couple of years ago we put the address of our actual accommodation on the visa application, not the dorm address.

Before they relaxed the laws on charter flights they used to give you dorm vouchers for flights to most destinations, I've also had them for Greece in the past.

Edited: 8:45 am, May 22, 2013
Derby
reviews: 9
5. Re: Query

Cheers guys for your helpful and informative responces.

6. Re: Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 24, 2014