We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shacks, sunbeds and shade

Which Goa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, England
reviews: 35
Shacks, sunbeds and shade

Will be leaving next week for our four month break in Goa. Have been keeping up to date on the shack and sunbed situation. I was wondering if anyone knows if the shacks are allowed to erect unlimited bamboo shades, the ones that they usually build over the sunbeds? At least one can buy a mat or something to lay on but shade is essential.

Felixstowe, United...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

As I understand it the rules appy to sunbeds AND brollys,this is one time I really hope i am wrong.

Goa
Destination Expert
for Calangute, Siolim
reviews: 12
2. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

Hi

Was told by friend yesterday that the shack that they generally use at Calangute has told them that at the moment its only 5 beds BUT they intend to put the matresses on the sand and use those push in brollys.Sandy sweaty matresses! ! ! ! !

Hampshire
reviews: 12
3. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

Hi I was told today that our shack put mats down and they got told to remove them

Manchester, United...
reviews: 27
4. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

It sounds completely ridiculous!!!!

england
reviews: 29
5. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

hi wilson, just called the SUN,AND,SEA,shack in calangute,,about the sun,beds, she is saying its 5 BEDS EACH SHACK,,not the 5 pair,,of beds she was thinking it was,meaing,, she say the police are down every day looking round,saying 5 beds only,,,,, so i called THE DREAMERS SHACK ,in candolim,,he saying he got 10 beds .out //like he say when i called him last week,//,he say 5 beds good for nothing, i put out what i need,,,,i say what about the police he say,,, no probs thay just look and go,, maybe he giving a little,present to them,lol,, so it looks like a lets see what happens thing,,,by xmass it,prob sorted out,,but a bit of a prob for them there, now,,maybe ,but the start of the season,little things gen,need sorting out,allways ,,this season it looks like BIG,ones, not little ones,,,ps he say the weather is very hot and a clear sky,,,bye,,

Edited: 8:53 am, November 08, 2012
Retford, United...
reviews: 32
6. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

Well last season on Calangute/Baga beaches they started enforcing the 10 bed rule around Xmas and it was still very much in force in mid Jan, and according to some friends who stayed on later than me it was still in force in Feb and March, but at least last season they were allowed to put matresses & umbrellas on the sand ..... as a devout sun worshipper I'm happy I opted to give The Gambia a go this Xmas.

england
7. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

trev ,,we were in goa, calangute ,for xmass/ new year,,,and we never saw this 10 bed thing going on..deff not at tne dreamers shack or eny of the others we seen, but there was a lot of beds getting dumped in wagons of the big shack at the bottom of holiday,street way, but them shacks have way to menny lol,enyway,,and,,, there were a few less some places,,cos thay were empty ,,it would be a better ,thing getting rid of some of the shacks instead of the beds lol,,but it was the same old thing ,,when the cops where spotted , drag a few of the beds in till there gone then put them back out be the same this year..UNLESS, the new police thay got for the beach dont take the bribs,, u never know,,lol,, ,

north wales
reviews: 24
8. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

trev d enjoy your holiday in the Gambia but please leave this forum to them that are hoping to enjoy there holidays

england
9. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

north ,,things will work out ok,,as i was told by menny goans,,, theres to much ruppes on the beach to loose ,,and this was ment for the government, people,who are,offically supp,to sort things out,,,these shacks keep a lot of people going rupe wise all over the place,if u know what i meen lol,,bye

goa
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 3
10. Re: Shacks, sunbeds and shade

Spoke to friends who have just arrived in Colva,no problem with sunbeds loads of em !!! i will see for myself on Sunday.

John