We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

Which Goa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leigh-on Sea...
reviews: 73
Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

Was told yesterday that to unlock my mobile inreadiness for an Indian SIM this coming week that I would need to leave my phone overnight and pay £30 which i thought was unreasonable. Does anyone know if it is any quicker in India and what the cost would be somewhere in or near Calangute or Candolim? Assuming of course that it is a good idea and will not mess up my phone!

Castlederg
reviews: 8
1. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

Leightest: its up to you but I wouldn't take an expencive phone like that to goa. Maybe you would be better to take an old phone or buy a cheep tri band phone. Internet cafe are cheep to use and plentyful.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Baga, Arpora
reviews: 15
2. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

I wouldn't have an expensive phone messed about with, as said get an old phone and use that, it's not worth the risk.

england
reviews: 27
3. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

leigh,,if u do take it and get it unlocked, in goa ,,have them do it in front of u,,,DO/NOT leave it at the shop for u to pick up,,, u may end up with a few diff parts,in your phone,lol,, better u bye a cheap one from,,the CARPHONE,WAREHOUSE there phones are all sold unlocked to start with,,bye

Edited: 9:02 am, October 26, 2012
Leigh-on Sea...
reviews: 73
4. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

Thank you for good advice. Was unsure and having downloaded some rubbish in Ecuador that messed same mobile up think will leave as is and get cheap phone as you all suggested. Love this forum as so many helpful suggestions etc. A godsend for sure.

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 3
5. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

Hi I always buy a cheap unlocked phone from Tesco's as it been said before has to be Tri band to work in India.:-)) Gel

Liverpool
reviews: 14
6. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

We bought a cheap phone from the Elephant Shop in Candolim last year. We don't usually bother but due to personnel reasons needed to keep in touch with home. They set it up for me and supplied Indian sim. Think it was about £12 all in which gave us plenty of credit to last the month.This year all we need to do is buy the sim. I have a Blackberry but wouldn't dream of taking it with me.

Preston, United...
7. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

Try your network provider first most phones can be unlocked with a nuc code call them tell them why even if you are still in contract vodafon do it free ask for network unlock code and the instructions buy email

Goa, India
8. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

I remember reading somewhere that companies can not stop you (if you ring them up) to have the phone unlocked. I might be wrong, but I am sure it was something like that, you can also search net for unlocking code for most phones I think

Calangute, India
9. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

If u need to unlock your phone on the spot lemme know. I do it for elephant shop at candolim. If u dont want to leave you phone at the counter I can do i on the spot for you.

Br

cliffrock

london
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 3
10. Re: Unlocking Samsung Galaxy 2?

Thats very kind of you cliffrock:-)) Gel