We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Goa

Which Goa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, England
reviews: 3
South Goa

We have just come back from a 2 week First Choice, Allocation on arrival holiday. We ended up at the "Oceanique Hotel & Resort" in Colva, South Goa. Fabulous Hotel, really good standards for a 3*.

It was one of the best holidays we've had and would liken it to Thailand.

Everything was so cheap. The food was fantastic. We would especially recommend the Kentuckee Restaurant in Colva and Boomerang Beach Shack. This is especially good for watching the sunset. The atmosphere here is wonderful.

Taxis also are so cheap. You can do all the trips that the holiday company's do for a fraction of the price - just get a taxi.

The only 1 bad experience we had in Goa was a touch of the "Delhi Belly". Please be careful with what you eat. Don't go too mad with the seafood and make sure it's fresh.

If you are ill, don't suffer, call the doctor. I suffered really badly for about 7 hours before getting the doctor out. He gave me 2 shots in the butt and I was cured - miracle!

Go to South Goa - you won't be disappointed.

1. Re: South Goa

hi, i have just read your post,as my partner and myself are going to goa in jan and staying at the oceanique (which sounds good) do you know what the food is like in the hotel? how did you go on with mosquito's do you see many? were you bitten? regards dave

Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 66
2. Re: South Goa

wizzard mossies are not a huge problem in Goa particularly the beaches however would advise you use a mossie deet 50% repellent to be on the safe side and remember the few you do see could carry malaria.

The wedding planner - your dehli belly -for the first time in 10 years myself and my hubby suffered the same and the doctor who gave us both a shot in the butt advised us never to put up with diahorrea (is that spelt right?) for longer than 4 hours before seeking medical help. Think this is sensible advice as we had been to the pharmarcy and been sold various things and continued to suffer for 36 hours thinking it would clear up - it didnt until will called the doc.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Goa, Scottish Highlands
reviews: 141
3. Re: South Goa

Glad you had a fantastic time. Start saving for next trip eh:-)