We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

UK
reviews: 9
Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

Hi there,

Me and my BF are travelling to Goa, Candolim tomorrow evening. It shall be our first time.

Please can you help us with advise for where to go on friday as this is the day we arrive. Where is best to go, eat, drink etc.

Is there a lot of building work going on, i'm worried our trip shall be ruined by building work.

Is it true there are trips to book to ride elephants and bathe with them, i really want to do this for a late 21st birthday pressie!

Kindest Regards

Rachel

india
1. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

On fridays you can go to a night club - club cabana on a hill. Or Mambo a pub on Baga beach. Or of you want to just sit on a table on the beach with wine and good sea food you can try out BRITOS on baga beach.

As for elephants and bathing with them- not possible. Unlike to what people think one cant find elephants in every city.

Goa is a place to relax as well as party, Just ask your hotel front desk and they will guide you.

London
2. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

Hi LoopyLee,

With regard to your request to see elephants. I think it is possible. Check out the following link. Enjoy!!

http://goaecotourism.com/shanti.htm

lancashire
3. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

hi rachel,

when you get to the hotel what we found best is unpack get changed and just go for a short walk just to get your barings, depending on your hotel there are some good restaurents in candolim ;; bobbs inn ;; ruffles is very good ;; green jacket ;;sea shells;; there on main roadiff you go to club cabanna be careful keep hold of your drinks when we were there last month people were spiking english peoples drinks its usually the indian lads or the lads from keraler(south goa), apart from that its good night. iff you go to the spice plantation with a taxi driver you can bathe with the elephant about 400 ruppees.

other places to eat log cabinits in calangute they do kareokiy ; lesley who owns log cabin has oppened another bar molley malones thats good and bigger .emmas kitchen is good ; best beaches mojim ( turtle beach)

candolim for the day its quiter,;; cocoa beach for dolphin trip but go to lawerence shack its better and cleaner at that end blackie is getting dirty on the beach,plus he gets greedy with asking for money

thats all i can think of now enjoy your self

Liverpool
reviews: 21
4. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

There are a number of places were you can ride and wash the elephants. We went to a spice farm near Ponda. Just ask a taxi driver and he will take you there and wait for you all for about 900rps. Admission to the spice garden is about £3.00, the elephants about £10.00 but is probably negotiable. Have a nice time!!!

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
reviews: 45
5. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

Went to Candolim in November, I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. There are loads of good restaurants to choose from but if you're anything like us you'll be absolutely shattered and eat somewhere close by the first night. There wasn't a lot of building work in the resort, which hotel are you staying in? We didn't ride or bathe the elephants but it was possible at the spice plantation we visited though it was quite expensive (by Goan standards). Definitely want to ride an elephant when we go back next year though.

Hope you have a brilliant holiday.

Mexborough, United...
6. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

Hope you have a brilliant holiday we fly out next thursday can't wait.

Mexborough, United...
7. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

Hope you have a brilliant holiday we fly out next thursday can't wait.

liverpool england
8. Re: Hey leaving tomorrow evening, Advice required?

candolim has a lot of nice restaurants including seashell and inferno, there is also a sports bar on the beach rd with giant screens if your bf wants to watch the footy. there are more bars in baga(about 200r in a taxi) good ones include shooters and mjs. one restaurant you should go to in baga is east meets west, class! go to club cubanna on a weds night, its ladies night, free entry and drinks, its in apora up in the hills, swimming pools the lot. you can bathe with the elephant at the spice plantation, Id advise to do the trip to the waterfall the same day. we went new year had a boss time, be prepared for a shock at first but you soon get into it. enjoy!