We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather?

London
reviews: 12
Weather?

Hi,

I will be staying in goa for a week during the 1st week of September. Does anyone know what the weather may be like? Can i expect to sit on the beach? Or does it normally rain in September??

Williamstown...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Weather?

September is far too early to go. October is a stretch, whilst November/December are perfect in terms of the weather, the shacks, the atmosphere, etc. If you do decide to go, give me a shout and I'd be more than happy to give you tips on where to go stay, where to eat, etc.

London
reviews: 12
2. Re: Weather?

Hi thanks! I have already booked flights so i will be in Goa in Sep come rain of shine! Will it really be that wet...?!? Any tips/ideas would be great thanks.

Williamstown...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Weather?

By September the monsoons should have gone, so you may not get too much rain, but it will be stiflingly humid and hot, and the season really only begins around mid-October. Still if you're not going between Oct and Mar, then Sept I guess is the best month. Not sure if you've made hotel bookings - one advantage of going in September is that you should get good rates.

As a rule remember that beaches are better the further South you go, while the atmosphere and the Goan joie de vivre is better in the North. Beaches like Palolem, Agonda (a good way South), and Utorda and the Taj Exotica beach (mid-South) are worth a visit. The shacks would normally not have opened for business by then, but there are some that run through the off-season, and you may be lucky with some setting up for the season by September.

Eating places - Brittos on Baga beach (good value for money), Souza Lobo on Calungute beach (during season they have a band and tables on the deck), Zanzibar (right down on the beach from Tito's), Le Restaurant, J&A's Little Italy, Fiesta - all good. Brittos, Souza Lobo and Zanzibar are shacks on the beach, while the others are somewhat more upmarket. J&A's is along baga creek. Any more questions, let me know.

4. Re: Weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 02, 2009