We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patna to Kathmandu?

Which Patna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 8
Patna to Kathmandu?

Hi, we are in Patna in November for a wedding. Is it possible to get a bus or train to Kathmandu from there? If so, how long would that take?

Thanks!

18 replies to this topic
Delhi
reviews: 74
1. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

There is no train that goes to Kathmandu!!

You can go to Raxaul or Farbisganj from Patna by train. Both are Nepal borders. There you can cross to Beerganj or Biratnagar respectively. From there you can take a bus or flight to Kathmandu. I think there should be cheap flights from Patna to Kathmandu as well!!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for Patna, Rajgir, Bodh Gaya, Hajipur, Gaya, Bihar
reviews: 6
2. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

If you are not local then it is not advisable to travel in local trains, 2nd most of local trains not run on time due to fog and other issues.

you have have cheaper flights from Patna or book a taxi travel to Rexaul and from there you can cross the border and reach KTM.

Jhumri telaiya...
reviews: 11
3. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

Hi

There is no flight between Patna to Kathmandu, bus service to Raxaul is also not recommended, Motihari - Raxaul rd is in horrible condition , it is better to take flight from Varanasi or book a Taxi for Raxaul , 7-8 hours journey, You must have valid Visa for entering Nepal from India.

Thanks

Alok

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
4. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

There is super deluxe bus service between Patna and Rexaul.

and roads are preety good, not sure Alok when you last time traveled by road.

Have good trip,and writing.

Jhumri telaiya...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

Hi Mukesh

I travelled last in October 2010, Patna -Muzaffarpur 4 lane work being done, it will take about 3 hours, Muzaffarpur to Motihari - one hour and Motihari to Raxaul was in very bad condition.

Thanks

Alok

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
6. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

But now it's better road and I got review from travelers, latest in Jan, they crossed the border from Rexaul.

Though they were Indian, For foreigner, they need to have proper documents i.e. VISA

Thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
7. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

Hi I am planning for a Kathmandu trip with my family from ranchi in November by car. Any idea on how long would it take from Patna to reach Kathmandu. Also what are the documents required over and above the car papers , driving license and identity proof.what are the good stay options in Kathmandu and how many days should be sufficient

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
8. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

Hello Amit,

I am not which all are places you want to covered in Nepal? Is this Kathmandu only?? In this case 2 days will be good time to covered Kathmandu and near by areas.

Travelling with car required all the valid papers, DL, Insurance, Purchase papers, Pollution, etc.they issue pass for per day basis and you can get the permit/pass at border as per ur need and you can travel my yr car to Nepal via Rexaul.

From Patna to Raxul is 3.30-4 hrs journey and approx 200 kms in total.there are various stay options in Kathmandu you can choose as per your budget and service requirements.

Edited: 6:14 pm, July 27, 2013
Salt Lake City...
9. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

from where i can get bus to go 2 kathmandu in patna?is it gandhi maidan,pariwahan bhawan,buddha smriti park or mithapur bus stand?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
10. Re: Patna to Kathmandu?

HI Piyush,

There is no direct bus service from Patna to Kathmandu. You may reach till Rexaul but also not direct bus or may be n from there you need to cross the border to enter Nepal. You may read this thread for details.

Reply to: Patna to Kathmandu?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Patna