We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunswing or Ocean Bay

Which Kololi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
EAST YORKSHIRE
reviews: 2
Sunswing or Ocean Bay

Which one would you choose.

Ocean bay costs more but I understand its a taxi ride away from the strip.

We really can not choose which one.

Radioed

London, United...
1. Re: Sunswing or Ocean Bay

I haven't been to either but looking at sunswing, it looks good and closer to the strip. Where ocean bay is further and costs more, and on top of that u need to pay extra for taxi to go to and from the hotel if you're planning on going to the strip everyday.

I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever one you choose

London, United...
2. Re: Sunswing or Ocean Bay

It really depends what type of holiday you are looking for, we prefer Cape Point as its quiet and have stayed at the Ocean bay 3 times now, going back at the end of Nov again.

It may cost more, however, the price includes air con, safe and a fridge, which can be very expensive over a 2 week period, plus the breakfast is rather good.

Cape Point still has a varied mix of places to eat.

If you are planning to go to the strip everyday then Ocean bay is not for you. The hotel is too nice just to use as a base.

I am sure where ever you pick you will have a great time.

Julie

yorkshire
reviews: 6
3. Re: Sunswing or Ocean Bay

I would only use the strip every night if it was walking distance but if there is enough places to eat near to the Ocean bay and just visit the strip a couple of times a week that would do us.

London, United...
4. Re: Sunswing or Ocean Bay

Hi

There are about a dozen places to eat, most very good. Cape Point is more of a residential area but has its tourist elements though. The beach is very nice and we really like the hotel. You are in walking distance to Bakau where you have the fishing Habour and market , plus the crocodile park. Nothing is that far

We don't go to the strip much but i would imagine it is 10-20 Minutes by car, depending on traffic, note that yellow taxis to not go as far as Cape Point, so you may have to get a green tourist taxi or walk to Bakau ( 5 mins)

The initial costs may be more but worth it

Julie

Selby, United...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Sunswing or Ocean Bay

IMO Sunswing far excels Ocean Bay.

Ocean Bay is in a residential area, once the businesses close and most of the workers go home its pretty desolute.

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Sunswing or Ocean Bay

I've not stayed at Sunswing so can't give an opinion on that hotel. Have stayed at Ocean Bay 10 times and i can highly recommend. The hotel is very nice, and you get air-con, safe, tv, fridge etc free. Out an about there are a good number of restaurants and Cape Point is a relaxed, leafy and safe environment. There are only a couple of bars though so if you want a busy night scene you'll need to get cab to the strip. Just walk up to the Chinese restaurant and flag a yellow cab. They'll do a return to the strip for 250-300 dalasi (£6-7).

Ian

7. Re: Sunswing or Ocean Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kololi