We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my question has been deleted as inappropriate ....

Which Labasa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
reviews: 2
my question has been deleted as inappropriate ....

.... but I don't know why. I can't find anywhere to email Trip Advisor to ask. Does anyone know?

4 replies to this topic
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 6
1. Re: my question has been deleted as inappropriate ....

I have gotten messages deleted too. It's really a bummer to not know what you did wrong. Sometimes they are just deemed "off topic" or about a topic they don't want discussed on TA forums. Also, be very careful to watch your language. They are very sensitive to anything that even hints at swearing or even some slang, that may seem perfectly OK to most people, but TA wants to make sure no one is offended even in an unintended way. One time after questioning them about one of my posts, it was re-instated as written, so they are very responsive to questions too.

Here is the link to contact them. http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/contactus

They usually respond very quickly, and are very nice to deal with. I think all in all, TA does a good job policing; otherwise I wouldn't spend so much time on it.

Good luck!

Perth
reviews: 2
2. Re: my question has been deleted as inappropriate ....

thanks a bunch. will contact them now.

Hamilton, New...
reviews: 107
3. Re: my question has been deleted as inappropriate ....

I had a review pulled and complained as content was 100% fact. I reckon owner complained and TA listened. So I do have issues with their neutrality on occasions. They suggested that I REWRITE the review but would not say which part was not within their guidelines.Shame as the public should be informed when things could possible go very very wrong with their safety and health.

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 73
4. Re: my question has been deleted as inappropriate ....

Another thing to keep in mind is companies can pay money to external (ddogy) organisations, who will use the "Report Inappropriate Content" feature to report posts.

It only takes a few Tripadvisor members to report a post before it will be "removed by the community".

Was your post removed by the Tripadvisor Community, or Removed by Tripadvisor Staff.. it will say in the edited messsage.

If it doesn't sometimes the servers here lose sync and messages are lost in transit (seen that happen before).

Reply to: my question has been deleted as inappropriate ....
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Labasa
More Labasa Topics