We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Savusavu to Taveuni

Which Taveuni Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
10 posts
Transport from Savusavu to Taveuni

I am thinking about going to Vanua levu next year but I would also like to visit Taveuni island. We went to Taveuni last year and loved it. Are there any options to travel between the two islands? I read that the ferry service is not operational at the moment. I am struggling to find any up to date information about transport options on most of the Fiji tourism websites.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Transport from Savusavu to Taveuni

Would contact the resorts you are considering staying at. They should be able to advise on ferry service between the islands. Keep in mind the ferries don't run every day. Pacific Sun offer plane service between the islands. Flight schedules are on the website for Fiji Airways.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
2. Re: Transport from Savusavu to Taveuni

Bula!

There are daily ferrys that run from Natuvu/Buca Bay to Taveuni. If you are up to a 'local' experience there are buses (about one half hours)that go from Savusavu to Natuvu to connect with the ferry or you can hire a driver ( just over one hour) cost is FJ$120.00

There is also the big 'roll-on/roll-off' Ferry which comes from Suva twice a week and goes to Taveuni - takes about 5 - 6 hours from Savusavu.

Some of the flights from Nadi do stop in Savusavu to either drop off or pick up passengers and then go on to Taveuni - there are no set schedules for these flights.

Northern Air is considering putting on flights between Labasa and Taveuni - worth keeping that in mind as well.

Hope this helps you arrange your vacation..

3. Re: Transport from Savusavu to Taveuni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, December 09, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taveuni Island