We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Resort, Tides Reach?

Which Taveuni Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 2
New Resort, Tides Reach?

Hey All,

Planning a trip to Fiji in the spring and I've been directed to Tides Reach Resort by a travel agent. She told me it is new but assures me it is being well received. Anyone have any info on the resort?

15 replies to this topic
Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
reviews: 23
1. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

Look up www.tidesreachresort.com for more information - Also there are several postings about the resort on TripAdvisor. This resort is marketed by Fiji Vacations at present, but owner is looking for others to have property on their books. Looks really nice. There is an opening special on at present (on their Facebook page)

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
reviews: 9
2. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

The resort looks lovely, and is opening this month according to its website. Has your travel agent been to the resort? Wonder how they can say it is being well received as there are no reviews. That is not to say, you wouldn't enjoy your stay and have a great time. Would ask your TA what they are basing their recommendation on.

For resorts in the same price range depending on the accommodations you want, have a look at the websites for Taveuni Island Resort & Spa and Taveuni Palms. Also nearby resorts off Taveuni Qamea, and Matangi our favorite resort in Fiji.

The following link has pictures of our last vacation to Matangi. Will give you an idea of the bures, resort grounds, snorkeling, etc.

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-0439-1408-d5f4…

Before taking the word of a TA, it is important you do your research to find the resort that suits you best. There are so many to chose from. Check out the websites for resorts, read the reviews then private message posters with questions. There will be both negative and positive comments as it is impossible for a resort to be all things to all people. Most negative comments are from people who are one time posters and did no research and expected perfection.

3. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, October 11, 2013

Pennsylvania
4. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

Thanks for your post E&CinReno. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, flicarose, but I don't see any postings for this Tides Reach on Trip Advisor (just other resorts named Tides Reach in other parts of the world..). My TA said she has been to the resort and has sent multiple other families or couples there over the last 6-8 weeks and is getting a lot of great feedback. I am always cautious of the negative reviews posted on Trip Advsior and have to be careful on how you interpret the information posted here, but it would still be helpful to have something other than what my TA is telling me.

I have looked at Matangi and the others you've talked about. You're right that it does become overwhelming quickly. E&CinReno, do you book your own trips or go through a TA?

Ballarat, Australia
reviews: 6
5. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

Sorry for jumping in here, but what E & C Reno have said is very true. Monti my wife always does the bookings and initially we did them through a travel agent but because we have been to Fiji a few times then Monti does know what she is doing and books it online. Immediately we book we arrange travel insurance. If we were going somewhere new then we would go back to a travel agent.

We spend a reasonable amount of time at Navini. It is our little piece of paradise, so I guess I am a little bit biased in that way and this is precisely what you have to be careful of.

Have been to Plantation Island Resort and wouldn't give you a penny for it (not what I wanted to say) but I personally know other people who have been there and they love it. At the end of the day it is what ever floats your boat.

All the Best

Baz

P.S. At the end of the day you could also Private Message some of the Experts and get their personal thoughts.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
6. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

We booked our first vacation to Fiji with a TA. For all our other trips we compared booking package deals with a TA, with those of booking resorts and airfare separately to get the price. Most trips we booked ourselves.

You might try asking your TA if she could put you in touch with the people she has sent to Tides Beach, or have them contact you. Just a thought. Hopefully, some reviews for the resort will show up before too long.

Hope this helps.

Pennsylvania
7. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

I recently had a more in-depth convo with the TA about Tides Reach. It provided me with more specific information and eased my concerns about possibly booking at said resort. She explained why there aren't any reviews on Trip Advisor yet (a logistical issue, really) and I'm sure if I asked, she would put me in touch with other patrons (thanks for the idea).

I'm trying to plan a honeymoon and I've gone back and forth on whether or not to use a TA or do it myself. For the sake of ease and to ensure everything goes as smoothly as possible, we are leaning toward using a TA. Additionally, she seems incredibly knowledgeable and I trust her ability to steer me in the right direction. Thanks for everyones help!

Dunedin
Destination Expert
for Mana Island, Fiji
reviews: 23
8. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

Squiddy_12 - I think the previous postings re Tides Reach Resort have disappeared. I have sent you a private message.

Waitakere City, New...
Destination Expert
for Mamanuca Islands
reviews: 13
9. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

I imagine that the reason there are no reviews is because Tides Reach does not yet have a listing here on TA for people to put their reviews under and, if you're new to TA, you may not know how to go about requesting that they list it. To facilitate maters I've submitted a listing request. Hopefully there will be some reviews for this resort in the not too distant future.

Reno, Nv
Destination Expert
for Matangi Island, Fiji
10. Re: New Resort, Tides Reach?

Thanks for submitting to have the resort listed. I didn't think of it.

Congratulations on your upcoming and honeymoon Sqiddy. If you are comfortable with your TA and the price for the resort would go through them. Coming from the states you will need an adapter angled for Australia for charing camera, laptop batteries, etc. We also take a small power strip. Allows us to charge more than one battery at the same time.

For other suggestions of what to take with you:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294331-c134773/Fiji:…

Am sure your honeymoon will be everything you hope for and more. Don't be surprised, if you find yourselves planning your next trip back to Fiji on the plane home........we were :)

Reply to: New Resort, Tides Reach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted