We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling

Which Taba hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worthing, United...
reviews: 3
Snorkelling

We are planning a trip to the Sofitel in Taba later this year and I would love to have a go at snorkelling. However, I am a very weak swimmer. Is it possible to hire a life jacket? Also, can you buy coral shoes in the resort? If so, any idea how much they cost?

Many thanks, Chris.

blackpool england
reviews: 13
11. Re: Snorkelling

Hello again Chris,

There is some good advice on here about how to get accustomed to snorkelling. In simple terms - gradually increase the depths you swim in and get to trust the equipment you are using.

I started off swimming in shallow water and slowly graduated to deep water swimming. The speed you go from one to another is purely down to yourself, once again, giving your equipment a test swim or 2 in a controlled environment like a large swimming pool would be beneficial.

If you have a problem with deep water, it is worth noting that the snorkelling boat trips all stop in places where the water is very deep so it could be a bit much for you initially. Supervision on these boat trips also leaves a lot to be desired and you are not guaranteed that someone will be watching out for you.

12. Re: Snorkelling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Taba
Recent Conversations