We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile mifi wifi unlocked & purchased in UK

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 9
mobile mifi wifi unlocked & purchased in UK

I have read you can get them in Sharm my question is those of you that bought an unlocked mifi in the UK which model did you buy please? I already have one a Huawai E586E but the instructions to unlock are not easy to follow so would rather buy one and there is no guarantee it will unlock either. Any help on which to buy would be appreciated. I did go into a couple of shops today but they told e that a unlocked mobile mifi may still not work in Egypt due to different bandwidths ..HELP

Manchester, United...
1. Re: mobile mifi wifi unlocked & purchased in UK

You can get it unlocked on eBay for 99p and as far as I'm aware, an unlocked unit should work in Egypt without any problems. HTH

St Helens, United...
reviews: 14
2. Re: mobile mifi wifi unlocked & purchased in UK

hiya

You can get an unlock code for the e586 for 99p off ebay as stated above. To be able to input the code though you'll need to put a SIM in the unit that isn't on whatever network it's locked to, e.g., if it's on Vodafone put an Orange SIM in it. You can usually get a PAYG SIM from a supermarket for < £1, (doesn't need credit on it) if you. Once the new SIM is in the unit start it up, and try to connect your laptop to the internet, this will force the unlock screen to come up where you input the unlock code.

Edited: 2:55 am, February 11, 2014
Liverpool, United...
reviews: 11
3. Re: mobile mifi wifi unlocked & purchased in UK

The shops talking rubbish!!! and also as previously mentioned they are easy to unlock for £0.99p but if you find it difficult to do ask a friend or preferably a teenager for help.

UK
reviews: 9
4. Re: mobile mifi wifi unlocked & purchased in UK

I have a Huawei e586Es-2 which was locked to T mobile. I did as was explained bought the unlock code on ebay 99p and followed instructions and unlocked it. and when I run DC Unlocker it said unlocked. My question is when I get to Sharm other than buying a sim across the road from Sultan Gardens and putting it in the mifi is it then ready to go or do I have to configure the APN?

5. Re: mobile mifi wifi unlocked & purchased in UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, February 28, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh