We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St George's

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Wales
reviews: 26
St George's

Has anyone been to St George's Homestay recently and can give me a really honest review? Have been told it used to have a bad reputation and that the east Europeans are being paid to put on good reviews? Thanks

Tycroes, United...
reviews: 16
1. Re: St George's

I haven't been for a few years, it was three corners when we stayed. Everything I have read recently is good, no different to what we found when we were there. It is a bus ride from the beach, the rooms round the main pool were noisy, and I don't imagine that has changed. Rooms overlooking the quiet pool were wonderful, I think you may need to pay extra for them now. Food standard AI fare, dining room was a bit dated the A La Carte was delicious and very good value. I'm not sure about it having a bad reputation, to be honest, there are far worse in Sharm!

South Wales
2. Re: St George's

Thanks for that, the reviews I read we're good and it appeared a much more intimate hotel, which I prefer as you can get 'lost' in a bigger one.

Tycroes, United...
reviews: 16
3. Re: St George's

It's big enough without being overwhelming! It's a little out of the hot spots of Sharm, but we preferred that. Have a lovely time.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 46
4. Re: St George's

We stayed there for 2 weeks this time last year (November) and thought that for a cheaper hotel, it is one of the best. Food was pretty good and we asked for a quiet room on the top floor and got one which was fine overlooking the gardens on the quiet pool side of the main building but away from the pool. FiCar is right that the rooms actually overlooking the Quiet Pool are the upgraded rooms and are slightly better and quiet. If we were to return, we would pay the extra and ask for one of these. Extra isn't huge from memory. For a smaller resort, we thought it good value and majority of people were Uk guests when we were there.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: St George's

I stayed in January this year, its nice, the food choice is pretty good, its clean, the staff are friendly, the only downside was that if you were at the end of the corridors near reception it could be quite noisy with people going passed on way back to their rooms in early hours of morning, try and get a room at far end of corridors they are quieter as less people walking passed.

South Wales
6. Re: St George's

What was the weather like n January? Thank you so much

Manchester, United...
7. Re: St George's

Last January was the coolest of the 7 years I have been going in January but it was still warm enough to sunbathe just a couple of cloudy days out of the 3 weeks I was there. It is cool/cold at night though so take a jacket and trousers for evenings if planning on sitting outside anywhere.

Im going again this January as well as in November :-D

South Wales
8. Re: St George's

Hope to see you there then :)

TYNE And wear
reviews: 1
9. Re: St George's

Hi hoseason,

Was there 2 weeks ago had an absolute ball, food good, animation team brilliant and all people who work there cannot do enough for you.

Thanks

Manchester, United...
10. Re: St George's

See you there hoseason :-)