We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from sierra, any questions :)

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lidds123
reviews: 2
Just back from sierra, any questions :)

Hi all, just got back from 11 days at sierra.

If anyone has any questions about the hotel or the area fire away :) will do my best to answer

warrington
reviews: 31
1. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

Do men have to wear long pants and full shoes in hotel restaraunt or is it just in the Soho square posh ones. We had to wear pants and shoes provided by -Zen a few years back .

Lidds123
2. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

I just had shorts and a pair of vans trainers on every night and never had a problem (ate in main restaurant a couple of times and akuna the others) couldn't comment on the other restaurants in soho though.

sheffield
reviews: 22
3. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

Hi I also have a question about the male dress code for dinner. My boyfriend is worried about having to wear full length trousers because of the heat. He usually wears shorts and trainers. Do you think he will be ok to wear these in the eateries included in the all inclusive package? Also were the shorts smart shorts like chino shorts of casual? Sorry for all the questions Nd interrogation, thanks in advance

Lidds123
4. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

no problem.

I only ate in the main restaurant at once on a night and had no problem with wearing shorts.

Every other night i was in akuna matata , again wearing shorts and had no problems. they were just plain chino shorts or casual ones. i think as long as he doesn't go in in boarder shorts you should be fine haha.

Also just to note i saw quite a few people wearing shorts in akuna and the main restaurant and akuna so im sure he will be fine. with the trainers i just had a pair of grey colored vans on and again was fine.

anything else just let me know

sheffield
5. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

Thank you! I now have a very happy boyfriend! Haha.

Two more questions. Did you find the area expensive? The reason I am asking is because we are unsure how much spending money to take. We were thinking about changing half of our money but keeping the other half in English and changing in over there, as I read on the review page that there's a currency converter in the hotel. The second question is did you book any excursions? And would you recommend them? We are thinking of doing the quad bike excursion but are thinking of booking online first.

Thanks again

Lidds123
6. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

I didn't eat out so not sure on food cost as there was not need with akuna.

As for day to day things don't think it's too expensive.

There is a supermarket down at the bottom of soho (near savoy) that's Sells a lot of things. I bought a lilo for £8

2 underwater disposable cameras at £5 each. Big bottles of water £0.60p 400ml bottle of coke £0.40 can of 'off' spray for £5(same price as the pharmacy) there is also another supermarket a the other end (near sierra) but its not as nice and about the same price)

As for changing money I would bother getting any changed over here. I'm not sure if the ATM in the hotel changes sterling for you but near the ju-co shop and akuna there is a row of cash machines. One of these will change money for you. Just follow the instructions on the screen insert you money and away you got, very simple and you get the best rate.

if you do use your card to draw cash out, their machines give the money first THEN your card. Unlike in the UK. The woman in front of me took her cash and just wandered away, leaving the card! Luckily for her I shouted her back :)

Also the ju-co shop has some lovely Large! Macaroons and cookies for a £1 :) nom nom

warrington
reviews: 31
7. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

I agree about changing the money over there. The rate is so much better.. I would take a few small dollars though if you think you would like to tip when you arrive before you get any money changed. I always get some 1dollars before we go.

I think you get 35% off the restaurants that are not included in the All inclusive

Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
8. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

hi, just read ur reply to someone, please dont change any money over here you will get a far better rate over there, all the hotels have an atm to convert money or they have a bank in the hotel to exchange, so you dont need to worry, its about 8.2 le to the english pound,, and in egypt at the min its 10. something, just be carefull what you pay for things the off spray that someone paid £5 for we only pay £2.50, it can be hard work you have to barter with everything but its worth it, and you dont have to buy a visa at the airport if you not traveling to the piramids or anything like that, if your planning in traveling then you will need it! enjoy your holls, if you need to know anything just ask, we have been going to egypt for 8yrs so have experiance on the place. vicky

sheffield
9. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking of just changing a small amount of money over here then changing the rest over there.

Edited: 5:30 am, May 17, 2013
sheffield
10. Re: Just back from sierra, any questions :)

What is classed as a good tip for the staff? Sorry for all the questions lol

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh