We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bexley, Kent
reviews: 2
Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

So I returned last week from Sharm and am going back in about 8 weeks for another weeks stay.

I spent a lot of time walking around Naama Bay and at the beach with my Egyptian boyfriend this time, we went on a glass bottom boat trip which I thought was really good except I got really sea sick.

When I return in 8 weeks, Im hoping to do some excursions or go somewhere different with him.

I dont seem to travel well on the sea although i do love seeing the fish.

My boyfriend cant stay in the sun for very long at all as he seems to blister.

And I have a budget of around £100 for the week.

Any ideas on places to go / things to see that are good for a couple ?

I have put Cairo by bus in the title as I am hoping to take the bus from Sharm with my boyfriend to visit his family in Cairo and meet everyone. Its not the tour to see pyramids as I have done that before. He has told me he pays approximately 100L.E each way and the bus stops somewhere in Cairo, is this true ?

Once in Cairo is it easy to get a taxi and visit places as Im hoping to visit Khan el Khalili and the city of the dead this time.

Any info would be handy so I dont waste time when Im there, THanks :)

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
reviews: 160
1. Re: Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

The trip to Cairo by bus is not the most comfortable - about 7 hours on a bus often overnight and not always very well equipped. At least in Feb it will not be too hot as it can be very warm and crowded on the bus. If you want more info re places to go in Cairo I would pose a question on the Cairo forum.

Regarding trips from Sharm, what about star gazing in the desert ?

Bexley, Kent
2. Re: Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

My boyfriend did mention that but he didn't know a lot about the stargazing. Do you know any details about it like how long it lasts, what's involved etc ?

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
reviews: 160
3. Re: Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

The Star Gazing trip lasts about 5 hours. We were picked up from the hotel by coach late afternoon and drove out into the desert where you have a meal at a bedouin village, then a camel ride into the desert.

We all sat round a campfire and the guide who was very knowledgable gave us telescopes so we could see the stars and the night sky and told us all about the constellations. The sky was so clear and the views of the stars and the sky was amazing. We really enjoyed it.

Edited: 8:08 pm, December 28, 2012
In Motion
4. Re: Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

Well, if your boyfriend is from Cairo then visiting the city at some point is a must I believe. The travel between Sharm and Cairo is not that bad actually. I personally don't like overnight buses, I would go during the day.

You can get around in Cairo by taxis easily, but - depending on where you stay - it is a pretty walkable city.

As long as you will be with your boyfriend you won't encounter any problems - a lone western woman on the other hand can get a lot of unpleasant attention.

Sharm El Sheikh...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

I used to go to and from Cairo every month by bus, even did it pregnant! It's around 6 hours and I think the cost is now around 80le. Go Bus is probably the best company to use.

I disagree with the previous poster - Cairo is HUGE and you couldn't walk from place to place, just like you wouldn't walk from place to place im London. There is the Metro in Cairo (like the tube) but taxis are cheap enough and much easier/more comfortable.

My favourite place in Cairo is TGI Friday's in Maadi, and from this area you can also take short boat trips along then nile - very romantic. And then just across the road from this is the Doughnut House, which is yum!! City Stars is also a must visit and El Azhar Park.

Back to things to do in Sharm - Quad Biking, Horse Riding, Ice Skating, Bowling, Nabq National Park (Mangroves), Snorkeling at El Fanar, Farsha Cafe/Sadiki cafe, Kite Surfing (but that's quite pricy).

Bexley, Kent
6. Re: Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

Thanks for all the ideas :)

7. Re: Activities/places to go as a couple - Cairo By bus.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh