We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien, Makida Bay

Which Makadi Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Le Meridien, Makida Bay

Hi All

Anyone stayed ina Lagoon Room at the le Meridien? Cant decide which room to book

Got the following choice - Main Building Garden view, Dunes and Lagoon

Any Info would be great. Thanks

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
reviews: 31
1. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

i did not stay there personaly but heared comment of some of my clients last year, Lagoon rooms are very good with beautiful view, main building are the best ones, stay far from Dunes room

wish my opinion can help

UK
2. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

Many thanks to the Egyption Guide, I have booked the Lagoon Room and am very excited. :-)

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
3. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

You are welcome, hope you enjoy your trip and wish u a pleasent day

if you have any more question pls ask

UK
4. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

To Egyptian Guide,

Is it easy and safe (for 2 females) to get in a taxi at Hurghada Airport to the Hotel Le Meridien or would you advise pre booking? Its our first time to Egypt and we are a little unsure.

Any other advise and tips would be much appreciated

Thanks

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
5. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

To Batty1

for sure it is safe, always in time of interantional arrivals there are so many taxis in the parking of the airport , so easy to reach , after you go out of the arrival hall walk straight ahead you will find the parking place there will be so many local taxi , it is Old Peugeot style most of them , a ride tohotel will be max of 6 sterlings i can say, just in case of very late arrival like after midnight , may be you do not find so much taxi as normally in such late hours (especially if you arrive through Ramadan month which is now) i advise pre booking through any local agent or even online to book a limo just ot be sure you find something waiting for you, i had personally once a hard time to get from Hurgada airport to hotel in El Guna because just my flight arrived almost 3 am to Hurgada, i did not find a taxi and had to call a friend to pick me up, so if you will come through the day do not need booking.

regarding safety DO NOT WORRY at all it is completely safe and for your info , in ALL AIRPORT when a taxi or even a touristic van is going out of airport it must be registered , how many tourists are on board and to which hotel exactly he is taking you , this is done by a Police man there , so do not worry, you are COMPLETELY SAFE

wish you a nice trip

north wales
reviews: 1
6. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

Just saw your message and thought I`d tell you that we stayed in a Lagoon Room this last august and it was huge. The double bed we were in was also enormous. There is a mini bar which was part of our `all inclusive package` which was a novelty and a tv which you can get english speaking programmes. Our room was not immediately by the pool but it wasnt too far (not as far as Dune rooms!) Have a great holiday - we had a very good one despite some of the negative write-ups i saw after booking! They must be very fussy thats all i can say!!

We went to Luxor for a day and that was a wonderful experience not to be missed. Its another world out there! (It was about £154 for 2 adults and 1 child)

We did get upset tummys so take plenty of Imodium, just in case and plenty of paracetemol as it isnt easy to obtain them!

Again, have a brill holiday. We did and felt very safe there

UK
7. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

Hi Speedless

Sorry for the delay I have been without a computer! Thanks very much for the comments, we fly next week and I'm really looking forward to it.

Can I ask what currency you took ? we have been told that the hotel accepts sterling, euro's and US$'s so I can't see the point of getting Egyptian pounds

Regards

north wales
reviews: 1
8. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

Hi Batty1.

We took $ travellers cheques (it seemed that the whole country takes any currency though!!)

I think that it depends what the best rate for you is at the time of travel.

Have a brilliant holiday. I`m very jealous!!

Speedles.

9. Re: Le Meridien, Makida Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, August 21, 2009