We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

souk makadi

Which Makadi Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
reviews: 13
souk makadi

does anyone know how to get from the sunrise royal makadi to souk makadi we looked for it last time we went and walked for ages but couldnt find it were we walking in the wrong direction? is it left from the beach or right. Please help we are going back in a few weeks and want to spend an evening there for a change and have a nice meal .

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
reviews: 59
1. Re: souk makadi

souk makadi Known as Makadi center is right along the beach then you turn right and walk inland at I think the second or third hotel along it is well sign posted but there is not much there and not worth bothering with in my opinion.

John

Gloucestershire UK
reviews: 5
2. Re: souk makadi

Walk past the Tia Heights next door also the next hotel possibly the Sol Y Mar Makadi Club, look for a bar on your right just before what looks like an orange juice stall on your left, so it looks like an orange, turn right at the bar you should see the signs for the souk, keep walking through the hotel gardens then cross a road to find the shops. I thought the shops were worth a visit also a pleasant walk across the golf course.

3. Re: souk makadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, January 18, 2012
East Sussex
reviews: 34
4. Re: souk makadi

We walked following the signs but there are a few shorter ways. We thought it made a nice walk and the bank is very good there.

Derby, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: souk makadi

We also think the souk is worth a visit if only for the walk (there is little else to do in the vacinity). We walked thro' the gardens of the Sol Y Mar and also the Makadi Beach, further up. But even at mid day the area appeared "sleepy" with only the supermarket, bank and a couple of other shops properly open. Would have liked to have seen the souk at night but the charge for the short taxi ride from the hotel (around £10 each way?) was exorbitant and we were unsure about walking along the beach in the dark.

Luxembourg
reviews: 30
6. Re: souk makadi

When I am in Makadi Bay and staying at one of the Madinat Makadi hotels I do walk along the promenade at night which is common to and accessible from all the hotels in the bay. There are guards at each hotel boundary and this is as safe as can be.

Here is a map of Madinat Makadi and to say there is nothing interesting there is misguiding to say the least. This is also where the best hotels in Makadi Bay are to be found and no contest !

…googleapis.com/static.panoramio.com/photos/…

jaz.travel/destinations/…

Luxembourg
reviews: 30
7. Re: souk makadi

I forgot about the directions, sorry. On the photo of the previous link the first jetty where all the boats are moored is located between the Sunrise Royal and the Tia Heights; the second smaller jetty is located at the boundary to the Madinat Makadi; look at the map , take the pink path between Club Makadi (2) and Makadi Marine (3) ( now Sensimar ) to get you to main street.

8. Re: souk makadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, February 18, 2013