We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Which Makadi Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 6
Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Hi

Does anyone have info on what dive centers are at, or close to the Stella Makadi.

I've found a company (well, my dive buddy has) called Orca divers but their website is in German and the translation on my browser is a little flaky. I'm trying to find info on pre booking.

Many thanks

Derek

Colchester, United...
reviews: 34
1. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Hello DRW. You will have no trouble if you dive with Orca, we have dived with them many times, in Soma Bay (2) and (10) in El Gouna. They welcome the U.K. divers very well indeed. Do hope this helps. We are going to the Fort Arabseque hotel next March (El Gouna this Nov) and the house dive centre call IDIVE has been throughly recommended to us. Have fun getting "your head wet" wherever......David (Divemaster) Colchester Essex.

Luxembourg
reviews: 30
2. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Orca do have an english version http://www.orca-diveclub-somabay.com/ but you would be better off using a dive centre closer to you. The house dive centre for the Stella Makadi is Diving Ocean http://www.divingocean.com/makadibay/resort I-Dive next door at Fort Arabesque get good marks. The Arabesque house reef is very nice and so is the sunset dive at the Royal Azure reef a couple of minutes on the RIB or small boat south in the bay.

Lytham St Anne's...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

we have used i-dive for our past 3 visits (and will again when we go in Nov) - great team, very professional

London
4. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Hi Budgiefred, HikerLuxembourg and KooRuu

Thanks for the replies. I've had an email from Orca Divers saying they no longer have a dive centre in Makadi Bay.

I used I-Dive a couple of years ago when I stayed at Fort Arabesque and found them to be very good ad well but I'm not sure how close the Stella Makadi is to the dive centre.

If Diving Ocean is closer we will probably book with them.

Again

Thanks for your help.

Derek

London
5. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Hi Folks

We're back.

If anyone is interested, the Dive Centre on site at the Stella MAkadi is now rum by Piano Divers: http://www.pianodiving.com/old/

The centre is run by a team managed by Egyptians. They have a 'relaxed' attitude and tend not to be quite as regimented as other organisations. That having been said, we had a great time with them and the guides were particularly helpful with one of our party who was newly qualified and nervous in the water. I'll add a full review of the hotel on the main pages.

Luxembourg
reviews: 30
6. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Thanks for the information.

Hurghada, Red Sea...
7. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Hello

Piano Diving Club we are inside stella Makadi

our site is :

www.Pianodiving.net

Info@pianodiving.net

Greetings

Bahaa

elmkaly@gmail.com

Edited: 1:17 pm, November 19, 2011
Hurghada, Egypt
reviews: 2
8. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

Piano diving club located in hurghada in Stella Makadi and Montillon ,AMC Azur, King Tut, enjoyed

9. Re: Dive centers at the Stella Makadi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, March 21, 2013