We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Egypt?

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
bedford
reviews: 5
Where to go in Egypt?

We have never been to Egypt.

We are not sure which of the different resorts to choose.

We are two young at heart OAP.

We would like a top end four star / five star property .

Excellent food and it must have a tennis court and a coach / entertainment team member that I can play with. My husband would like a gym if possible.( he doesn't play tennis)

Will the weather be better in February or March?

Any recommendations will be gratefully received.

4 replies to this topic
London
reviews: 30
1. Re: Where to go in Egypt?

Try El Gouna, around half an hour transfer from Hurghada Airport and a very up market resort. Various 4 and 5 star hotels to choose from. Not sure which ones have tennis courts, but there are public courts in El Gouna. Most have gyms. El Gouna is a beautiful area, built on islands, surrounded by lagoons. No hassle here. Just a fabulous marina with great restaurants plus a downtown area with many shops. Very safe to walk around. Excellent internal transport. Have a look at the El Gouna forum here or www.elgouna.com to give you a better idea of the area. I would prefer to go in March rather than February. Everything is warming up then and the outside entertainment in the evenings usually starts around that time.

bedford
reviews: 5
2. Re: Where to go in Egypt?

THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION

I will certainly research the area and let you know where we end up!

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
reviews: 50
3. Re: Where to go in Egypt?

Movenpick hotel in EL Gouna has tennis courts and a gym and I find the Movenpick courts better than the public tennis club ones - however the public ones do have coaches - but not sure if the ones at Movenpick do or not.

Edited: 3:06 am, January 16, 2014
Winchester, United...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Where to go in Egypt?

Movenpcick Hurghada have Excellent Tennis Courts some one that would play tennis with you and a Great Gym for your Husband. The staff at the Health Club are very helpful, and the Animation Team Amazing.

My husband and I spent Christmas at the Movenpick our 26th Visit .Please may I suggest you read my most recent review on the Movenpick Hurghada published on the 13th JAN 2014. Wherever you may choose to go you will have a lovely time the Egyptians will do all the can to make your holiday a memorable one. THE MOVENPICK BRAND IS KNOWN FOR EXCELLENCE WORLD WIDE.

Reply to: Where to go in Egypt?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada