We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

drinks at Palm Royale

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
rochester
reviews: 7
drinks at Palm Royale

Hi,

is it correct that you have to pay for cocktails and the mini bar only contains water and soft drinks for your A/I.

I know some of the meals you pay extra for but was'nt too sure on the drinks situation.

thanks,Chris

Manchester, United...
reviews: 34
1. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

There were cocktails at extra cost but there may well have been certain ones available on the AI policy. Not sure as personally, I do not care for cocktails. Too sweet for my liking.

The vodka and tonics were included and I had my fair share of those! The red wine and beer were also fine.

I have been twice to the Palm Royale (last time was in June) and I know we had a couple of cokes from the mini bar but other than water, I don't recall having an alcoholic drink. Generally, we prefer to do our drinking in the bar:) We did sit out on our terrace every evening around 6pm but usually we had a coffee. There is a kettle etc in the room.

I love the Palm Royale and it was our intention to go back in November. With the current unrest in Egypt, I am waiting to see what happens before booking.

rochester
2. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

Thanks MrsKris,

Think I will try the gin and tonics,lol.

16 days to go!

hertfordshire
reviews: 9
3. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

Hi Chris,

We were at Palm Royale in July and I would recommend this hotel unreservedly to anyone.

The mini bar is replenished daily with soft drinks which form part of the all inclusive however the bottles beer in the mini bar is chargeable.

I can't comment on cocktails but the spirits were fine as was the rose and red wine.

The food is amazing is the a la cartes and the main restaurant. We loved it so much that 3 days after arriving home we booked to go back next August. Hope you have a great time.

Jane

rochester
4. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

Thanks Jane,

yep can't wait.

Looks like we will practically have the hotel to ourselves,lol.

Chris

Kingston-upon-Hull...
reviews: 44
5. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

Hello, can you advise if Palm Royale has a heated pool for winter visits? Thanks.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
6. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

Sorry, just found out that the do have a heated pool via another thread! Can anyone tell me if it has easy entry steps or just ladders?

Manchester, United...
7. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

When we were there in November last year, the pool by the spa was heated to a very comfortable temperature. However, access was down normal swimming pool ladders IYKWIM. The huge main pool was freezing. It was still pretty chilly in the big pool when we went back last June!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
8. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

Thanks for the info MrsKris, a shame as that puts its off our list I'm afraid. I thought that was the case but not sure.

Manchester, United...
9. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

That's a pity Clare. It really is a very nice hotel. The sea is very accessible and you do not need water shoes as there are no rocks or coral. It would probably be a bit chilly in winter but ok for a paddle!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 1
10. Re: drinks at Palm Royale

Does anyone know if cocktails are included as part of the all-inc? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Hurghada