We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel - advice please

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
reviews: 21
which hotel - advice please

Hi - a friend and myself have booked for the Dana Beach hotel after a Nile Cruise. However, I've just had a call from our travel agent who's just got back from the Red Sea and said they're not really happy to send anyone to that hotel as it's so large. She's offered us Fort Arabesque in Makadi Bat as an alternative and says it has the longest and best stretch of beach and the best all inclusive in the area.

We're looking for relaxation, but also something to do at night and possible somewhere to stroll to if we get bored with the beach (both of us the wrong side of 50, but not 'old'). I've read reviews of both and am struggling to choose - anyone know both and could advise please?

Thanks very much.

germany
reviews: 1
1. Re: which hotel - advice please

Hi

Makadi far from Hurghada ,Dana Beach nice hotel but better is Grand Hotel

where is mamsha nice

LIVERPOOL
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay, Hurghada
reviews: 59
2. Re: which hotel - advice please

Dana beach and Fort Arabesque are both very nice hotels I am sure you would have a good holiday at either, It is true that the fort has the best stretch of beach in Makadi bay but you would probably find the Sunrise royal makadi next door has a far better all inclusive program especially with 7 on site al a carte restaurants included, Dana beach is located in the southern part of Hurghada close to the Senzo mall with its shops ect and would have more to offer re going outside of the hotel in the evenings if you decide on hurghada rather than Makadi bay also take a look at the hotels next to Dana beach such as Sunrise garden beach, Setido Mamlouk or crystal bay all first class hotels.

The Grand hotel mentioned above is in a more central position in Hughada but not in my opinion a very good hotel far better is the grand resort across the road from the Grand hotel

Hope this helps.

John

Hatfield, United...
3. Re: which hotel - advice please

Hi

Having been to Sunrise Garden Beach and Sentido Crystal Bay I can confirm both very nice - with Crystal Bay leading the way. Grand Hotel and Dana Beach are both highly rated hotels too. From all of these it is easy to get cabs to a variety of places to wander around - new harbour, sekala, the really old town, sensor mall plus there are shops outside all these hotels if you just want a stroll. Crystal Bay is prob a bit quieter than Garden Beach but you have access to each one (mamlouk hotel is in between but all three owned by same person so you can walk right through via path near the beach). You wouldn't be disappointed with crystal bay at all.

Good luck

West Midlands
reviews: 21
4. Re: which hotel - advice please

Thanks everyone - we've decided to stay with our first choice of Dana Beach. Really appreciate your help.

5. Re: which hotel - advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Hurghada