We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

Which Hurghada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 8
Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

Can anyone tell us when this ferry runs and cost?

Derry, United...
reviews: 20
1. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

The ferry is in operation will check out the tourist travel rates for you

Paddy

Oldham, United...
reviews: 4
2. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

Oooh I'm so excited... Yay!!!

Me and the OH are staying in Hurghada in September, but we have friends staying in Sharm... this way we might be able to spend a few hours with them (assuming the sea is calm this time of year)... I wasn't sure if the ferries were running again :)

Woop Woop :) xxx

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
reviews: 57
3. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

Have you thought of flying between Sharm and Hurghada. There are daily flights between the two (but frequently via Cairo which is no good) but on certain days Egyptair fly direct and it only takes 45 mins. You can book online and the prices are reasonable. (We did Hurghada to Cairo and it was about £30 per person return)

Derry, United...
4. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

Majicou you are correct but this service only operates on certain days of the week the fast ferry to Sharm is now back in operation and shortly will be operating a full service as soon as I have these details I will post them here all the best

Paddy

Horncastle, United...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

is the ferry still running? different sites are saying they are and some they are not confused!

london
reviews: 5
6. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

The truth is that its a good ferry but it can be withdrawn at short notice so some crossings are cancelled. Its hit and miss if you can get both crossings on time. They blame it on recession. Its about £10 each way.

london
reviews: 5
7. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

You are right, this is the best way., just discovered a few weeks ago our Egyptian friend perished in a car crash on the road from Cairo to Hurghada. This is a road where tourists try to shop around to get a good deal. they must realise safety is more important. I have used different companies and taxis. I remember one taxi driver exhausted nearly took us off the road. My best experience was flying there. You can get a good deal if you book in advance. My second choice is using the Government buses. These are highly experienced drivers. Imagine if you use a cheap cabbie and his car breaks down in the desert in the sky high scorching temperatures. Sadly I know several people who have died on this route. It can take very long hours sometimes as much as 13 hours in a very boring landescape where most people want to get to their destination as quick as possible but thats the problem, you can also get very sleepy.. I witnessed one car that had done all the journey but lost control as he arrived into Hurghada on a bend. Flying is the best option

Egypt
8. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

I see the ferry coming and going and it is not always working. I wouldn't trust it if I was on holiday - it's so much easier to book a flight. 20 mins in the air and you are there. But book early because with the ferry not working the flights fill up very quickly.

Derry, United...
9. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

Good point duckydiver the Ferry has been in operation but there have been many problems so I would not advise using this service at the moment all the best and happy holidays

Paddy

10. Re: Ferry from Sharm to Hurghada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 15, 2013