We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Souks/markets

Which El Gouna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton,UK
reviews: 137
Souks/markets

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how far away Hurghada is from Three Corners? What is the best way to get there? and how much does it cost? i want to go shopping.

Going on Friday and am really looking forward to my first visit to El Gouna.

A few more questions,please

Where is the open air cinema and is it open now?

Are there any mossy's?

As its the week before Easter are there any festivals on?

Thanks

Machynlleth, United...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Souks/markets

Can answer about the open air cinema. This is next to the Arena Inn, opposite side of the road to the golf course. It is a bit tucked away, you have to follow a pathway around to it. Only having done an arranged trip into Hurghada, not sure about the price, but its about 30 - 40 minutes.

Peterborough...
reviews: 21
2. Re: Souks/markets

We fiind Hurghada a bit of a hassle after El Gouna. In El Gouna no problem to shop or browse. But in Hurghada people are quite agressive if you browse and then don't want to buy anything. I am talking of Egyptian souvenir type stuff. However the best place we found for souvenir type stuff was departures at Hurghada, loads of choice and no hassle. Have a good trip. Sorry can't help on your other questions.

england
reviews: 9
3. Re: Souks/markets

to get to hurghad u could use the bus/taxi or if u prefer contact chris miller (look under airport transfer for his email) i am sure he could arrange to take you to hurghada. as was said its about 30-40mins

we just got back and hardly saw a mossie. they do around spraying everywhere every night about 5ish and we even heard them in the morning this time. there will always be some but there were substantially less than we have seen on previous visits

completely agree about getting any souvenirs at hurghada departures. loads of choice and no hassle

openair cinema was showing (ithink) life of Pi this week, we didnt go but its definitely open

have a great time

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
reviews: 45
4. Re: Souks/markets

Hurghada is about 30 minutes by taxi. It is spread out so you really need to know where you want to go. The taxi service from el gouna is around 150LE round trip and add 30LE for each hour waiting. Or about 100le one way if you did not him to wait for you. There is also the bus which is only about 5le each way. Takes a bit longer and sometimes gets busy!

The open air cinema is open each Thursday and the film is shown at 7.30pm

Not many mossies yet - been here since last Friday.

There is a beauty contest on next week - 29th in the marina - top model of the world- And also the El Gouna rally(cars) from 29th till 31st.

Jersey, United...
reviews: 17
5. Re: Souks/markets

Hello

if your worried about mossies we tried everything well i did me mrs didnt get bit once

got stuff from the chemist lemon oil wasnt cheap but no good

the best and cheapest was from the supermarket called OFF WORKED GREAT FOR FLIES AND MOSSIES

hope this helps roll on october

cheers geordie

Derby, United...
reviews: 2
6. Re: Souks/markets

It's very easy and cheap to get to Hurghada (Dahar) on the bus for shopping and a taste of real Egypt. The most tricky part we found was crossing the very wide roads and coping with the chaotic traffic! Get the tuk tuk at the marina by your hotel to the El Gouna bus station downtown. The buses run every 20 mins or so; pay on the bus; 5LE each pp each way; the trip takes about 50 minutes and it's a pleasant enough ride. If you want to shop at Sekalla too or head to the marina say, for lunch, best to get on the white minibus which the locals use for 4 or 5LE or take a cab which should cost about 20 or 30 LE. A word of warning ...be wary of any 'kind' person offering to help you across the roads...we accepted the help but then found he wanted to take us all round the houses...first to his cousin's shop and then to his brother's shop etc and difficult to shake off! But we enjoyed our trip; pleased to have done it ourselves, hope you do too.

Eastcote
reviews: 66
7. Re: Souks/markets

Just wanted to point out that we left Hurghada airport yesterday and there is a practical bazaar there so many shops and stalls besides the normal duty free shops ,never seen an airport like it ! so can do all your shopping there and felt it was cheaper than El Gouna , loads of bags, jewellery, clothes etc

8. Re: Souks/markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna