We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who to book with!

Which El Gouna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Wight
reviews: 24
Who to book with!

Hi guys!

We are seasoned visitors to el goun but we are looking at September for our chosen package at the rihana and TC are charging a small fortune!

There are much better quotes with travel republic and low cost holidays but I've never booked with them. Can anyone tell me if they re any good (or not!)?

Cheers

Hurghada, Egypt
reviews: 14
1. Re: Who to book with!

HI

I would have thought that as long as you have protection against them going bankrupt (even paying by card can give you this protection .I was a victim of the XL airways crash ! but got my money back through visa ) then go for the cheapest . You know El Gouna so you dont need a rep to look after you .

Regards

David

Chester, United...
reviews: 19
2. Re: Who to book with!

Hi

Yes, we stay at the Sheraton which TC no longer offer, so we book our own flights and taxi transfer. We've used Travel Republic many times for various destinations with no problems. Lost our flights to Turkey once a couple of years ago when Kiss went bankrupt, but we immediately rebooked with another airline and TR guided us through the refund procedure so that we received all our money back through ATOL within 8 weeks.

Whether you're travelling with a tour operator or independently, it's always best to check they are part of the ATOL/ABTA scheme, and then you should be covered to get your money back if there are any unforseen problem.

Cheers♥

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
reviews: 133
3. Re: Who to book with!

I've booked trips to other places, eg Luxor, with the firms you mention and never have a problem. Provided you end up with an ATOL bonded tour operator and you have travel insurance you will be fine. I think these firms just take up the slack of whatever is left over in the market, a bit like buying clothes in the sales.

manchester
reviews: 4
4. Re: Who to book with!

Hi,

Have done both package & DIY to El Gouna TCOV.

Also used the firms you mention.

When booking with them they send you a hotel booking

voucher that you show on arrival.

We emailed hotels week before to confirm the booking had been made - No problem just wanted to be sure.

Mel

Chesterfield...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Who to book with!

booked tcov with direct holidays easily beat thomas cook also cheaper than travel republic and low cost holidays

kent
reviews: 10
6. Re: Who to book with!

I know you have already booked just wanted to let you know what we did. We booked hotel direct for a much better deal and are flying from brussels to hurghada as we got flights for £245 direct in school holidays. Easyjet wanted £510 each. We live in Kent so it is an easy drive for us to get to the continent. We had to go on a Saturday and this was our only cheap option but are looking forward to our adventure now.

7. Re: Who to book with!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna