We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General dress code

Which El Gouna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
General dress code

When I did Cairo and Nile cruise a coupla years ago, I was careful to be respectful and covered my shoulders, knees and cleavage. Do I have to do the same in El Gouna or are vest tops and shorts OK when wandering around the town ?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: General dress code

Casual dress is fine around El Gouna - tops and shorts should be no problem.

Of course, even on private hotel beaches, topless sun bathing is strictly forbidden and offenders will be told to cover up by the beach attendants.

I always try to dress with respect to local customs too, and I think its appreciated. Often carry a light pashmina with me to cover all eventualities.

Cheers♥

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
2. Re: General dress code

Thank you Wirralite. At my age,eventualities are better covered than hanging out <g>. I will be taking a pasmina tho.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: General dress code

Hi Morganatoo

I'm also at an age where I prefer to keep my eventualities to myself! Hope you have a great holiday. El Gouna is such a lovely, upmarket resort - I'm sure you'll find it safe, welcoming and hassle free.

Be glad to help with any further questions if I can.

Have a great time.

Cheers♥

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: General dress code

Hi Morganatoo, I agree with Wirralite that because El Gouna is so upmarket its nice to be able to get dressed up at night if you want to . The Marina and downtown too is so lovely that you dont feel overdone if you want to get your finery on . But if you dress casually thats fine too. Maxi dresses are a good thing to pack as they keep the sun off your legs if you are wandering around during the day and also look like youve covered up a bit. I felt ok at night in them too.

Leigh Gtr Mcr
Level Contributor
421 posts
188 reviews
5. Re: General dress code

Haha! This has really made me laugh! Me too at an age where all eventualities are best covered! Otherwise most things go! I'm ok with legs however!!! My legs are most probably still well ok on show!!

Shame the same can't be said about the rest of me!!!!!!!!!!

6. Re: General dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 15, 2014
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna