We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa, innoculations, trips

Which El Gouna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 1
Visa, innoculations, trips

I am a single lady off to El Gouna at the end of Feb for the 1st time. I'm getting confused about a visa. If I stay in the town and maybe take a boat trip or 2, do I need to buy a visa, maybe at the airport, or not ?

Do I need any immunisations ? Had typhoid/the polio triple/Hep A in 2010.

Trips. Checking on here I hope to go snorkelling with Coruna Divers walk around the place and explore and pop into the biblioteque. I do want some chill time round the pool and hotel (TC Rihanna Resort) but are there any more "must see" trips anyone can recommend ?

Luxembourg
reviews: 11
1. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Hello,

The visa is required when landing in Hurghada, 15 USD or around 11£. Even if you stay in your hotel and if you do a few snorkeling trips you have to buy a visa. You will receive a form to fill in on the plance with your Names, nationality, passeport nr, date of birth etc. Upon arrival in Hurghada airport, in order to buy your visa - avoid the Tour operator reps as they will ask more money, go straight to the bank kiosks as they are selling the visa at the right price, a visa stamp is affixed in your passport and then go to the customs officers, they will stamp your visa and then you will have to show it to another officer before collecting your luggage. The same procedure will occur on your return, you have to fill in another form when going out ...

No innoculations, immunisations required to the Red Sea. The only advise I can give as being a regular traveler to El Gouna, drink a lot of water during the day, clean your hands regularly and if you are subject to bad tummy avoid ice cubs.

Enjoy your trip!

Regards,

Machynlleth, United...
reviews: 7
2. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Just to clarify a point (hope you don't mind Danlux!!). The form you complete on entry (usually on the plane), is given in when you show your passport at immigration control, not given to obtain your visa!! You purchase your visa stamp at a bank kiosk before you go through immigration control!!

As for things to do, I am a big "Segway" fan and it is great fun, the office is located behind the HSBC bank at the marina! You could also take a tuk tuk tour to get an overview of El Gouna!

Have a great time, can't wait to go back!!

Luxembourg
reviews: 11
3. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Hello Scouselady,

Oops, yes I am wrong, the form must be shown at the immigration control along with your passport and not to get the visa stamp.

I was too quick in my explanation and feel bad as I am going to Hurghada around 4 times a year.

Working on my next trip to El Goun in Spring, is working the verb to be used :-)

Danielle

Machynlleth, United...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Yep, I am certainly jealous!!! We did manage three trips to EG in one year, but restricted to once a year at the moment!

Messancy
5. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Do not be ... even once per year is such a pleasure because it is life as it should be and we feel like home :-)

Danielle

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
reviews: 182
6. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Hi,

Your vaccinations are still current; the typhoid one is the shortest lasting & will expire this yr.

Whilst no vaccinations are compulsory, the ones you mention have been recommended for the last 30 yrs or so. Some insurance companies may not stand by a claim, should you contract one of the diseases, for which vaccination is recommended, if you haven't had the jabs. As they are free in many areas of the UK, many travellers choose to have them.

Info from the Sharm forum:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c95844/Shar…

Regards

UK
reviews: 1
7. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Thsnkyou everyone. Just what I needed to know. Can't wait to go !

Renfrew, United...
reviews: 19
8. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

On a wee side note to this, we always apply to the Egyptian Embassy in London for our visa, you complete a form then send the form and passport along with a PO to them and they return your passport with the visa attached.

Takes about 10 days turnaround to get this but it is well worth it to save the hassle at the airport.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
reviews: 182
9. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

Hi again,

Just to expand on reply 8; that's a multi-entry visa, valid for 6m & will be about £18. The single entry one, available on entry to El Gouna / Egypt is £10 or $15 & valid for 1 month (altho reps try & charge more for thye single entry one, so avoid the reps' desk & go to the airport one).

Regards

Edited: 7:35 am, January 05, 2013
10. Re: Visa, innoculations, trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna