We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is there to do over xmas and new year

Which El Gouna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Esher, United...
2 posts
What is there to do over xmas and new year

Hi first time to El gouna- young (ish) couple- what does anyone recommend to do. We are B&B in the Movenpick so will be looking to go out in the evenings prob around the town/ marina- is there anywhere with a bit of life or entertainment anyone can recommend as also celebrating our birthdays? Thanks

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: What is there to do over xmas and new year

Hello alison

We are also there over xmas and new year for 4 weeks to be honest

We have been there at xmas before it was good but very quiet

El gouna is quiet most of the time thats what we like about it were not boring old gits by the way just like el gouna

Peanuts is about the busiest bar so i would imagine thats were most people would go on new years eve unless someone knows different

I will be very suprised if you dont like el gouna this will be our fifth time

Any more questions just ask and ill try my best to answer

cheers geordie

ps theres a few people on here in el gouna for christmas it would be nice to meet up

Destination Expert
for El Gouna
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: What is there to do over xmas and new year

Hi Alison

We have been for the last 2 Christmas and are going back in May for our 14th/15th? time. In my opinion one of the more lively bars is Loca Loca which is located at the Marina.

Level Contributor
431 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: What is there to do over xmas and new year

Lisa is right, the best place to party and one of the most lively place will probably be Loca Loca, be ready to pay an entrance fee as well as ready to queue.

Perhaps Mood's- Abu Tig Marina, Club House - Dowtown (also lively places in El Gouna) will also organise parties during this period.

Also check with your hotel Guest Relation to have the lastest news about all events and parties organised.

All the best in El Gouna, I am sure you will have a great time (just back after 12 lovely days).

Esher, United...
2 posts
4. Re: What is there to do over xmas and new year

Thank you everyone for your advice ! looks likes it`ll be peanuts then loca loca then!

will try peanuts out on the 28th (my birthday!) so anyone out there do come along! I`ll be the one with the birthday badge and probably a very large cocktail in my hand!

so excited now as heard lots of lovely reviews about el gouna and getting away from this rain!!

5. Re: What is there to do over xmas and new year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, December 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about El Gouna