We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

latest situation in El Gouna

Which El Gouna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucestershire
reviews: 5
latest situation in El Gouna

Thinking of going to El Gouna in May and would like to know what it's like safety wise in El Gouna now since all the troubles in Egypt. We were there in 2010 and it was fine then and we loved it so much we want to go back.

El Gouna, Egypt
reviews: 3
1. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Dear Sara,

El Gouna is as beautiful and safe as it has always been, even throughout the wildest days of the revolution back in 2011 it remained the safest destination within Egypt, being 450 km away from Cairo.

This year over 160,000 visitors enjoyed El Gouna, and even amongst them were super stars Kate Winslate and Vanissa WIlliams who separately came for their own private holidays.

Today actually El Gouna will receive Miss Intercontinental 2012.

So ... I would defiantly recommend it to you :).

Regards,

Gloucestershire
2. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Thank you very much for that. Sara.

Hurghada, Egypt
reviews: 22
3. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Just to second that . Ive been living here for 30 months including through the revolution and the only evidence of any "situation" was a drop in tourist numbers . Without access to TV and internet news ,there was no evidence of any problems . In fact large numbers came from Cairo last summer to escape the chaos there .

Please dont hesitate to come . Egypt needs your visit and El Gouna is the best place to be .

Regards

David

Gloucestershire
4. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Thanks. Can't wait to come back, and lucky you living there ! Sara.

Surrey
Destination Expert
for El Gouna
reviews: 57
5. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Hi,

We have been going to El Gouna for the last 6/7 years and have never seen any problems in El Gouna. We continued to holiday in El Gouna during the problems in 2011 and have already booked for May 2013. In my opinion El Gouna is one of the places I feel safest.

Lisa

Gloucestershire
6. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Thanks to everyone who replied - we're booked and counting down the days 'till we're there!

Chorley, United...
reviews: 13
7. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

My hubby and I came back from El Gouna last Tuesday this being our first time there. We agree with the above comments it is so safe there, you can go Downtown without any hesitation even in the evening and you feel so safe and you can catch the local buses which drive into the Hotel complex to Abu Tig Marina only about 5 minutes away drivers are very helpful and again it is so safe to walk around. It is lovely to walk around the lagoons I walked around every morning on my own and very rarely did I see a soul (apart from the ones reserving their sunbeds on the lagoon beach at 7 a.m!!). We would love to return there again as it is a little bit of paradise on earth - have a lovely holiday

Gloucestershire
8. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Thanks, glad you had a great time. Sara

Bury, United Kingdom
reviews: 50
9. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

We returned from El Gouna last night. If we hadn't switched on the tv, we wouldn't have been aware that there was any trouble.

Have to agree with sunsetgirl59 - we stayed at the Movenpick and the sunbed reservers were out in force. Out at the crack of dawn to reserve sunbeds that some days weren't even used in an under occupancy hotel - the mind boggles!

El Gouna, Egypt
10. Re: latest situation in El Gouna

Dear Sara,

El Gouna is absolutely safe.

All demonstrations are at Tahrir Square in Cairo.

....and Cairo is 500km away.

So don’t worry.

Juergen

Get answers to your questions about El Gouna