We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropicana Comp Room Booking

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Tropicana Comp Room Booking

Hello All,

I have been fighting the urge to return to AC since our trip in May. I couldn't resist looking around the Trop's website to see what was going on for promotions and such… and I found that you can book your comp rooms on-line now from My Trop Access page. Has anyone done this and if so was it successful? Are you able to reserve specific rooms that "stick"? Seeing that our host didn't "lock" in our room the last time and we ended up in an inside room in the North Tower I wonder if booking it on-line would be more successful.

I also wasn’t too crazy over the disclaimer that is now listed:

>>>DISCLAIMER: Weekly comp room offers cannot be combined consecutively. Maximum of 2 consecutive nights in July and August. Not valid in conjunction with comp offer from same household or any linked accounts. All offers subject to availability and qualification of play. Limited number of rooms available for special offers. Non-transferable. Trop Advantage Club rules apply.

Comp room offer does not include resort fee and incidentals per night. Additional discounted room night rates do not include 14% room tax and $10 resort fee per night. Valid for standard room. Offer based on double occupancy. Not valid in combination with any other offer.Offer based on availability and subject to change. No substitutions apply. No partial redemption. Certain restrictions apply.

$25 per person charge for each guest over 2 guests per room. Maximum occupancy 4 people per room.

Each adult guest must be registered with proper identification. Hotel key required to access hotel guest elevator.

Tropicana does not permit coolers or excessive amounts of food and beverage to be brought into the hotel.

48 hour cancellation notification required to avoid $50 fee. Not valid for convention or group bookings. Must be 21.

Reservation guaranteed until 10:00pm date of arrival. Credit card required at time of reservation and check-in. Check-out time is 11:00am.>>>

With all that being said – would you think going with a host to book would still allow for comp offers from the same household or linked account to be used as they were in the past?

I welcome your feedback and may lady luck be with you when you play!

6 replies to this topic
Ledgewood New Jersey
reviews: 1
1. Re: Tropicana Comp Room Booking

Cindy -- I haven't used the one line system to book rooms but I feel that you'd have a better shot at the room you want going through your host. I usually get what I request but sometimes on a summer weekend I've gotten bumped. If they can't give you the South Tower just don't accept the North Tower right there at the desk (which I've done) & they'll come up with a renovated room in West Tower or the Havana no problem. Getting your comp rooms linked is another reason I would definitely use your Host.

Boston...
2. Re: Tropicana Comp Room Booking

Thanks much for your suggestion that contacting my host is still the best option. Unfortunately if I understand correctly you can't combine offers from linked accounts so I think that option is off the table with them now. Here is the disclaimer:

>>>DISCLAIMER: Weekly comp room offers cannot be combined consecutively. Maximum of 2 consecutive nights in July and August. Not valid in conjunction with comp offer from same household or any linked accounts.>>>

So my guess is they no longer encourage you to stay (in comp rooms that is) longer than 2 days a week.

GardeniaPalm
reviews: 22
3. Re: Tropicana Comp Room Booking

I'm sure a host has the ability to circumvent the disclaimer.

With that being said, sounds like the Trop is getting ready to put an RA on every floor! Be in your room by 10 PM, lights out, and no talking! LOL!

Ledgewood New Jersey
reviews: 1
4. Re: Tropicana Comp Room Booking

Gardenia -- with all the kids on the weekend they need an RA on every floor. Sometimes I even feel the Mom in me coming out like "What were you thinking???".

GardeniaPalm
reviews: 22
5. Re: Tropicana Comp Room Booking

Oh trust me, I know how awful people can be in hotels! I can't tell you how many times I've been kept up by inconsiderate people both young and old.

Honestly I wish every hotel would put a big sign up at the elevator banks around 9 PM with QUIET in big letters and then a description of how if you create a disturbance there will be consequences associated with that.

Waymart...
6. Re: Tropicana Comp Room Booking

I would like to use my comp night on may 7th 2014

Reply to: Tropicana Comp Room Booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted