We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

poker rooms for low rollers?

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
upstae ny
reviews: 39
poker rooms for low rollers?

Are there any poker rooms that are better for low rollers? Are there certain rooms to avoid if you don't have a fat stack? Best times to sit in with small bank roll?

NYC
1. Re: poker rooms for low rollers?

Borgata has the best poker room hands down. You will see high rollers and low rollers. Its busy all day and all night.

Revel has a nice poker room but its very dead they struggle to get games going

Golden Nugget isnt bad either

Washington DC
reviews: 1
2. Re: poker rooms for low rollers?

No matter where you go, people buy in for a variety of amounts. I don't think there's any room where you consistently see people buying in for small amounts.

Revel's room is fine on the weekends -- usually at least 6 tables of 1/2 NL. I also like Taj (though I haven't been there recently) and Showboat. Borgata is the best and largest room, but it attracts tons of regulars who play full- or part-time, so the skill level of your fellow players tends to be higher, and you also encounter tables where several people seem to know each other (which, in my opinion, is usually not a good thing).

Though I have never played at Golden Nugget, my understanding is that there is no maximum buy-in at 1/2 NL, and there are people who buy in for multiple thousands of dollars.

Pittsburgh...
3. Re: poker rooms for low rollers?

If you want to play limit then just find a room that has 2/4. This is generally a losing game because you can not beat the rake but it is fun and you will learn how to play.

Ballys has a 1/1 NL with a buy in of $100. It is a decent game and people are generally pretty tight when I have played it so you dont really get bullied around.

NJ
reviews: 1
4. Re: poker rooms for low rollers?

I've always considered Showboat to be one of the more low-key poker rooms in town. Great for beginners.

5. Re: poker rooms for low rollers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 04, 2014