We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

On the way.... to AC

Which Atlantic City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 1
On the way.... to AC

On my way to AC I stopped at Parx recently and noticed some changes

1. XtraPlay (Bounceback Slot Play)- is now good for 45 days

2. Comp Dollars are earned on slots and available immed.

3. Free Blackjack Tourneys on Thurs Afternoons Feb

4. Free Baccarat Tourneys on Tues? Evenings Feb

5. Earl of Sandwich coming soon

On March 1 (today) they are putting a totally revamped slot club in place. All of these great changes AFTER Darlene Monzo left for Revel.

After arriving in AC I played the HR triangle for several hours JOB and won. For dinner I used my voucher at HR buffet..... its not what it used to be, and I wouldn't pay $30+ for it...... but its still "better than average" by AC standards.

SE Pa
1. Re: On the way.... to AC

RE: HR triangle- i noticed last trip they changed machines, but didnt get to play them- any differences?

Philadelphia, PA
2. Re: On the way.... to AC

You should have waved as you drove by lol

I am not a big fan of the new Xclub stuff. As near as I can tell the new marketing person is just a fan of multiplying everything by 10 lol. I can see where it would benefit higher end players in a few spots through.

I have passed onto my host that the Revel copy of Xplay needs to be longer than 2 weeks and they seem to be tinkering around with it a bit. 45 days would just be amazing if they left everything else as is. Unfortunately I expect they will probably end up going to a more "traditional" slot play program. It wont' be the worst thing to happen but I rather like the system they have now with some minor tweaks needed. I will say they have done a total crap job of explaining how their new (since last November) slot play program works though.

Edited: 7:52 pm, March 01, 2013
NJ
3. Re: On the way.... to AC

jimk- that new program looks much more player friendly than the old one.

They disclose $20/pt slots $60/pt VP.

Comps instead of a food credit. Longer expiration on free play.

If you are not a "big fan" of the new slot club, you must have hated the old one...... I believe you said that you hadn't visited much though......

Its not really the slot club, but aren't you an Earl of Sandwich fan?

Thats gotta be a bit of a draw for you?

Philadelphia, PA
4. Re: On the way.... to AC

Well we can post on the PARX appropriate board or PM about specifically what I like / don't like about the PARX system :) But yeah I didn't hate the old one...don't hate the new one just not a big fan of the low roller changes.

The main reason I don't gamble too much out of AC is I prefer to drink while playing and I am not quite so close that I can just stumble home and trust me that area isn't really safe to walk home at night in anyway. Plus AC just feels like a mini vacation.

But EXTREMELY glad to see an Earl of Sandwich close by...its close enough to just stop in and get one now and then instead of having to go to Showboat in AC to get a fix now and then.

5. Re: On the way.... to AC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 04, 2014