We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

Which Santa Marta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris
reviews: 15
Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

I am trying to figure out how different the cabanas are from the ecohabs and if it is worth paying more for ecohabs. Do the cabanas have private bathrooms?

Thanks!

Pensacola, Florida
reviews: 56
1. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

EcoHabs most awesome if budget is good insure/watch your stuff

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297484-d315…

New York, NY
reviews: 5
2. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

Hi OverworkedinParis - I am wondering the same thing. Have you traveled to Tayrona yet? If so, what did you go with/what would you recommend? There seems to be very limited information on the cabanas. All pictures I've seen appear to be the Ecohabs.

Thanks!

Philadelphia
reviews: 44
3. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

We just returned from 3 nights in the Ecohabs. We hiked to Arrecifes and La Piscina one day. There's really no comparison between the two: everything about Ecohabs is much nicer!

The Ecohabs are by no means perfect, but they're pretty darned sweet and much, much nicer than the other places.

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 5
4. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

Location, location, location. Ecohabs wins, hands down if you want a quiet paradise.

Bogota
reviews: 9
5. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

if you plan to stay in one spot, ecohabs are nicer. if you plan to hike to el pueblo, to el cabo, la piscina, the cabanas are closer to those spots.

ecohabs definitely nicer, cabanas definitely nice. price vs isolation vs other plans in tayrona.

Helsinki
reviews: 21
6. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

I will be in Tayrona in July. What are my options for accommondation? I am backpacking alone, so I have limited budget.

Lugano, Switzerland
7. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

backpacking with low-budget!! Mate bring your tend with you and camp up at el cabo, one of the most beautiful spots at the Tayrona National Park. If you do not want a tend, then you can rent out a hamaca for the night!!

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
8. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

Lugano i think you mean tent not tend.If your young or can sleep in a hamaca no need to pack the extra stuff just watch your valuables they can grow legs!

I'm not into camping but my Colombian nephew & his friends head out when ever they can.Like Lugano says camping & a hamaca are a great budget option.

If you are passing By Santa Marta try Casa De Felipe (hostel) in Taganga great place to meet up with like minded travelers that may be going to Tayrona.

Helsinki
reviews: 21
9. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

Is there lot of mosquitos or bugs in the nighttime if you sleep in a hammock?

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
10. Re: Cabanas or Ecohabs in Tayrona

Tonnpa: It would be safe yes there will be mosquitos & other nocturnal critters looking for a free feed at night.If you are going to pack a few things for sleeping outdoors invest in a mosquito net it'll come in handy.