We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How are the Beaches

Which San Andres Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington
How are the Beaches

Wanted to know overall how the beaches were on the Island and how these compare to other locations that are similar.

Calgary, AB
reviews: 1
1. Re: How are the Beaches

We will be going to San Andres on November 15 so I will let you know how the beaches are when we return.

New Jersey, USA
2. Re: How are the Beaches

I have been informed by some friends who have spent vacation time in San Andres that this island is a paradise. I just want to realize by myself it is true. For this reason, I am going down there with part of my family on the last week of November. After that I will let you know if want to go back soon.Ricardo

Canada
3. Re: How are the Beaches

For completeinfo on san anders check this link

groups.msn.com/BigJuicesSanAndresIsland/

Calgary, AB
reviews: 6
4. Re: How are the Beaches

We just got back from San Andres. The only good beach is downtown. Don't expect a Punta Cana or Mayan Riviera. This place is more for snorkling. We stayed at the Decameron Aquarium and there is no beach there but there is a beach at the Marazul but I don't think the swimming is very good.

Lynn

Canada
5. Re: How are the Beaches

Beaches are real nice, the two best ones are in the San Luis Area

and the downtown beach, if you want spectacular movie-like beaches Punta cana is the place, better like crowded resort though, San Andres is like Isla Mujeres (near Cancun)

but bigger, again if you're looking for top luxury and marble lobbys it might not be for you, but if you want to plunge yourself in the caribbean atmosphere San andres is the place for you

Cali, Colombia
reviews: 7
6. Re: How are the Beaches

I'm colombian and have been in San Andres many times. We colombian just have a different concept of "nice beaches". We don't have big resort like in Jamaica or Cancun but we do have nice beaches you can enjoy.

San Andres best beaches are Downtown's (rigth in front of El isle��o hotel), San luis beaches (San andres first neighborhood) which are about 15 minutes on bike, and Jhonny Key beaches. Jhonney key is a the kley you get to see rigth in front of the beach in Downtown.

If you want to dive try all the western side of the island. You can goto to "West Point" where you get to see a wonderful live aquarium. Also try the official "Aquarium whichs is another key located 20 minutes on boat.

If you're more on the ecotrip, try Providencia and Santa Catalina. tey're other island located 30 minutes by plane. If you want a "survivor" experience rent a trip (quite expensive about US$ 200) to some of the far keys like Bolivar key. It's 2 a hour trip on twin motors boat and you get a whole key for ytourself (very few people get to go there. The boat will leave you there and will pick you up next day. You get to do your own food (there's nothing there, just 4 colombian soldiers), diving, etc.

NC
7. Re: How are the Beaches

Hello MRX

My wife is from Cali and we spent our luna d miel in San Andres. I never knew about the keys you could stay for the night. I would love to know more about them.

I love Cali and i have been to your wonderful country 20 times to many different cities. You should be very proud of Colombia as i consider it my second home and have many Colombian friends that i love so much.

Buena Suerte

Andy

Chao

Cali, Colombia
reviews: 7
8. Re: How are the Beaches

"Hello MRX

My wife is from Cali and we spent our luna d miel in San Andres. I never knew about the keys you could stay for the night. I would love to know more about them.

I love Cali and i have been to your wonderful country 20 times to many different cities. You should be very proud of Colombia as i consider it my second home and have many Colombian friends that i love so much.

Buena Suerte

Andy

Chao

"

"San Andres" is a whole lot of seven islands. they're Serrana, Serranilla, Roncador, Quitasue��o, San Andres, Providencia and i guess Santa Catalina. But there are lots of cays. You can go to Cayo Bolivar (Bolivar key). You rent a twin motor boat for about COP$500.000 and it will be a once in a life experience.

Yes, i'm very proud of being colombian. There's no way of telling what i feel for this country. I haven't "started to live yet" as i'm just 28 but already i'm glad i was born here. It's funny because when you get to know Colombia you find there are many things than "only can happen in Colombia" (good things and bad things unfortunately).

Some people, me included, say that, keeping the rigth proportions, if we'd ever get the totally defeat the guerrilla this would we the greatest "vividero" of the world, whichs stands for the greatest "place to live, enjoy and have fun while living a productive life" of the world.

I'm from Cali. And that's my opinion even without speaking about our caribbean coast people (coste��os). That's a whole new way of life.

Come to Colombia. Just try once nd you will fall in love with our people ! (In fact, Andy, you did so !)

Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island