We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Lately

Which San Andres Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Weather Lately

I have been checking up on the weather in San Andres since I will be arriving soon and it seems to be thunderstorms everyday. i know often the forecast will say a lot of rain but it ends up being a quick shower then its sunny again. is this how it is in San Andres or can i expect terrible weather??

Thanks

Brasilia, DF
1. Re: Weather Lately

Hello, I have the same question he did years ago. How is the weather lately in San Andres. I'm going there on saturday and some people told me it's raining nonstop.

Please help me.

Andreia -Brasill

Harlingen, TX
reviews: 23
2. Re: Weather Lately

Well I think I can be helpful here, since I work for the National Weather Service in the United States.

Looking at the satellite imagery, there are a lot of showers and thunderstorms near San Andres, with a disturbance moving through. It looks like the rain has been hitting the island since late Friday night or early Saturday morning.

The bad news is that the showers and thunderstorms will probably affect the island through Monday or Tuesday, with probably some sunshine in between the rain.

Keep in mind that this is now hurricane season until November 30, so there will likely be periods of showers and thunderstorms around San Andres through the rest of the summer.

Hope this helps! Write back and let me know if I was wrong or right! :-)

Bogota, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Colombia
reviews: 7
3. Re: Weather Lately

Spoken like a true weatherman.

The rainy/windy weather doesn't show the best of views ( ;

Harlingen, TX
reviews: 23
4. Re: Weather Lately

Hey, playa! LOL...I hear that all the time!

Brasilia, DF
5. Re: Weather Lately

Thank you for the help. Actually, the rain almost didn't show up and the sun came up every day this week. Obrigada!

San Andres Colombia
6. Re: Weather Lately

Just got back to Island Friday been gone since may 15. Weather here rain for short periods almost everyday temp 85F - 92F. Rainy season May June July so expect some rain. We need it in order to fill the aquifers.

7. Re: Weather Lately

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about San Andres Island